14. Jealousy

Shayne's POV

Two months later:

I am so frustrated!

Why did I have to love my best friend who I know will just see me as a friend and nothing else. She wouldn't date a guy like me. What was I thinking?

Courtney is now dating a guy named Alex. She introduced him to us after their third date. I honestly thought that I could handle, seeing Courtney with another guy, but I guess I was wrong.

For the past couple of months, I have been trying to forget about my feelings for Courtney and have been avoiding her. The only time that we would really talk is when we're filming and doing behind the scenes shot. After all of those things are done, I just either sit on my desk or talking to other people. When she would come to me, I would make some lame excuses then leave.

I don't know how long I could keep doing this. I really miss, hanging out with her, seeing her laugh at my jokes. But all I could think of is how we can't be together and that she moved on and is dating someone who is not me.

Almost everyone in the building know that I love Courtney except for her, Ian and Anthony. Ian and Anthony don't know it because I don't want to get fired and Courtney doesn't know because I am too coward to say anything that would make things worse than it already is. Everyone is telling to just go for it and tell her what I feel, but I would always chickened out and try to change the subject.

Next week is the Smosh Sumner Games and also Courtney's birthday. I hope I don't do anything stupid that would ruin her day.

A week later:

"Hey Shayne!" Noah greeted me as I was picking him up before we go to the Mobli Beach House for the Summer Games.

"Hey! Sup?" I asked as he finished putting his things in the trunk of my car and opened the door of the passenger side. "Are you excited?"

"Absolutely! I can't believe that it's been three years since you made your first appearance in Smosh! It's when you met everyone except for me because we already met. You met Ian and Anthony, Liv, Keith, Court..." he stopped talking before mentioning her name.

"Should we get going?" I asked, wanting to talk about something else other than Courtney.

"Yea sure?" he had a looked that is very typical of him, when he is about to ask me serious questions.

"Do you really think that you can ignore her for the rest of your life?", he said, breaking the awkward silence.

I would usually just walk away everytime we talk about Courtney, but this time, I can't escape the question. The stop light turned to red and I stopped the car.

"I really don't want to but what should I do? Be happy that she found someone, while I am here, not being able to be with her!" I said.

"Well yes! because that's what friends are for. We're suppose to be there for each other!"

"I don't want to be just friends with her! I want to be with her. To be able to call her my girlfriend!"

The stop light turned green and I started driving again, not talking to Noah. He turned on the radio and one song started playing.

I felt that my eyes starting to tear up. This is one of the songs that Courtney and I would sing together out loud during car rides. This song just made me think about her more. I bit my lips to stop myself from crying.

We arrived in front of the building, where everyone is putting their things in the trunk of the bus.

"Thanks for the ride!" Noah said.

"No problem!"

"And i'm sorry for bringing up.. you know. But I really think that you should stop avoiding her." he patted my back and got inside the bus.

I went in and I sat at the very back. I didn't really talk to anybody. I just sat there and listened to music on the whole bus right.

Should I tell her or is it too late?