New Friend

Author's note: 'Tis chapitro dos! Btw, this one is in another character POV, but this is the only time it will be. Mikki is the Main char, I just had to do it this way to show it how it needs. But after this chapter, it'll always be Mikki. Unless I decide later to switch it around a bit, but I don't think I will. Derp.

Song of teh Chapter: ( I don't have one yet. Any suggestions?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caylee plodded home slowly after school. It hadn't been a good day. She had just witnessed Kyle Evans, the love of her life, making out in the hallways with that stupid brunette barbie, Gina Larson. Her life was ruined! Kyle was supposed to like her. Gina desevered to fall in a hole. Now who could Caylee love? There was only Dylan, Harry, Peter.... well, there were a couple other available guys... but they weren't Kyle! It wasn't fair.   

Sighing, she dropped herself onto the swings at the park near her house. She often went to sit there when something went wrong. It had relaxed her, ever since that time five years ago when her dad died. A gust of wind blew at Caylee's face, whipping her long, honey-blonde hair around, the natural curls getting tangled in a mess. She just sat there, thinking back to old times and happier memories. She smiled to herself.

Screw Kyle and Gina. She was Caylee Anderson, an outgoing, fun loving, fifteen-year-old sophmore, and a stupid boy wasn't going to change that. She was above that. 

Feeling better, Caylee blinked open her eyes and stood up. Why had she been so upset? There were plenty of other, better guys out there for her. Caylee would get a boyfriend that would make Gina burn with jealousy. That'd show her.

Grinning, she walked towards her home again, scooping up her books and purse. A lady with white hair was doing her gardening accross the street, beyond the fence. She smiled at Caylee, and Caylee returned it. "People are pretty friendly here," she thought reflectively, walking past the slides. 

Something on the ground caught Caylee's eye as she passed. "What the-?" She exclaimed aloud, though barely audible through the wind. There was a bow and arrow on the ground, right outside the little yellow tube kids crawled through. The silver on the arrow tips glinted in the sun threateningly. Leaning in to get a closer look, Caylee realized that there was someone in the tube. A cold chill creeped up her spine.

"H-Hello?" She whispered.

The person bolted up rapidly, bonking their head on the top of the tube. Now Caylee could tell it was a girl about her age. She had short black hair, with a braid running down the left side. The girl gripped a sword at her side and was wearing strange clothes. A sack was at the edge of the tube, and Caylee guessed the girl had used it as her pillow.

"Ow!" The girl cursed. Then she whipped her head around, staring at Caylee's gaping face distrustfully. "Who are you?" The girl demanded. She sounded scared, yet still forceful.

Caylee stared at her shock. The girl had striking, powerful, purple eyes that seemed to pierce her soul.

"Uhh... C-Caylee Anderson." She stuttered. "W-who are you?"

The girl stared for another minute. "Mikki." she muttered. Then she breathed in deeply and bit her lip, glancing down. Was she about to cry? Just seconds ago, Caylee could have sworn the girl- Mikki - was about to kill her with that sword. Less scared now, and more concerned, Caylee sat down on the ground, getting a better view of Mikki.

"Um...Did you sleep here? Are you okay?" she heard herself asking.

Mikki narrowed her eyes. "What do you want? I-Is this a trap?" she asked.