Chapter III

Chapter III : Lying is the most fun a girl can have without taking her clothes off

Monica stared at me in confusion. Once the brothers were gone, my face brightened and the girl noticed. The only way to get out of this situation was to hot wire Thotianna, which hurt my soul without a doubt. Of course, it was either that or accepting that they won. They didn't win shit. My purpose was bigger than whatever deal the brothers had. I looked at Monica, and smiled. She seemed terrified by it.

"Monica, listen here. I don't want to kill you or scare you. I only want the money these pricks have in that bag. I'm gonna drive us to the closest motel and you can have my car and go. My only wish is that you don't tell the police about me." I started explaining my little plan to her as she nodded in agreement. I loved this girl.

I jumped into the driver's seat and looked around just to check if the boys were seeing what I was doing. I sighed and tried to think of how I could hot wire the car. I knew that by doing it, Thotianna would never be the same again. I took a moment to calm myself then looked underneath the steering wheel for the wires that were connected to the engine. Monica was keeping an eye open for the despicable brothers. I pulled two wires out and hoped for the best as I touched them together. Nothing. A few shots were fired at the bar, and my heart sank. Monica saw someone and started to hit the window yelling for help. I looked on my left and saw a ranger outside the bar who was trying desperately to get in. Ever since I met these brothers, I kept on wondering how they managed to get this far. Trouble found them.

"Monica, stop it! It's complicated enough as it is!" I raised my voice at her but it didn't seem to bother her. I started sweating as the thought of having the cops on my trail came to my mind. I had to stop her somehow. My car was full of useless stuff, but once I saw a lighter underneath Richie's seat I took it and curled my fingers around it. "Will you shut up?!" I asked Monica once again.

"H-He could help us! Help! Here!" Us? There was no us. I didn't need any help. I took a deep breath and punched her face. I thought that the shock would make her shut up, but I accidentally knocked her out. I felt like a piece of shit for what I did, but I had to focus. She would thank me later. I looked on the window to see if the ranger was still there, but he managed to get inside. I picked up the wires again and touched them a few times. Beside a spark, nothing happened. I tried doing it faster and the engine had started, but the brothers got out of the bar and ran in our direction. I jumped back into my place as if nothing happened. Seth unlocked the door and both of the brothers sat in their initial places.

The older brother started driving without realizing that he did it without the key. I was relieved.

"What happened to her?" Richie asked as he stared at Monica, then at me.

"She wouldn't stop screaming. She would've gotten the ranger's attention." I shrugged, acting as cool as possible. My heart was racing inside my chest, and my palms were sweating even more. Seth looked at me from the rearview mirror and grinned.

"I like her. She's cool."

The road so far was okay but the desert landscape seemed to be endless. I could only imagine how scary it was to get lost out there. As far as my eyes could see, everything had a roasted appearance, even the bushes, trees or cacti. Nothing seemed to be alive anymore, except the snakes or scorpions that lived as if they ruled the place. Little gangsters.

"What the hell was that Richard?" Seth finally broke the silence. He didn't look at his brother, not even for a second.

"I told you, he knew we were there." Richie explained, but his brother didn't seem to care what his answer was. Whatever he had done, it was pretty shitty.