Chapter 26

Carlie's POV

When I woke up all I saw was bright white walls surrounding me, muffled voices somewhere off in the distance, and the beeping of a machine. I looked around the room. I recognized the place I was immediately....the hospital. I practically memorized this place from coming to see Austin many months ago.

I sat up in the uncomfortable bed I was in and immediately my head started throbbing. I tried to ignore the pain and proceeded to get up out of bed. Just as I was about to stand, a middle-aged man who I assumed was my doctor walked in the room. When he saw what I was doing he came over to me and helped me up while giving me a warm smile. My head was still hurting like hell and I knew that my doctor saw it immediately. "Still hurts, huh? Well you did hit your head pretty hard little Miss." He said a little jokingly. The doctor smiled at me and before walking out he said, "You got some visitors, I'll send them in." I nodded although he couldn't see me anymore.

A couple of seconds later in walked in only one person, while the others waited in the hall. In walked Austin.

That's when it hit me. Why I was in the hospital. Why Austin looked like a mess. Why it all happened...

Flashback

"Carlie?" Said an all too familiar voice in an all too sad way. Mason. I totally forgot that he was my boyfriend. When I saw Austin, all my other thoughts vanished and it was like it was only me and him. But it wasn't.

I turned around and saw his eyes were glossy, but had an angry look to them, although it did not really look like it was towards me. It looked more like it was towards Austin, and I was right.

"Why the fuck are you kissing my girlfriend?" He spat angrily. I watched as the confusion took over Austin's face, while Mason took a couple of strides closer.

Austin looked over at me. "Girlfriend?..I-I thought you waited for me, but I guess I was wrong" he shook his head as if in disappointment, but not towards me, towards himself for thinking I would actually wait.....

Austin's POV

She didn't wait. She doesn't love you as much as you thought or else she wouldn't have gotten another boyfriend in the 4 months you were gone... my mind kept telling me but I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to keep thinking that she still wanted me and that, that kiss meant something. I didn't want to be the other option in life....only her first, only me and her.

I shook my head, mentally slapping myself for thinking that I would actually come back and we would be able to pick up where we left off.

I was gonna turn to go back to my truck when I remembered I had to deal with Mason still. What the hell do I say to a guy who saw me making out with his girlfriend? Well, I guess I'll just tell him the truth right? Yeah, I guess that'll do...

I went to face back around towards Mason, and right when I did, I was uppercut red right in the jaw. "What the hell" was all I could manage to say before I was hit once more. You know what? Screw this guy. No one punches me and gets away with it.

I ducked under a punch and managed to swing at him, catching him off guard a little. Before anyone knew it, it was a full in brawl.

Carlie's POV

They were swinging left and right. What the hell was I suppose to do. Call the cops? But Trin beat me to it. When I looked over at her she was already talking to the station. "Umm, yeah they are just umm, arguing? Uhh yeah I guess I could hold..." She was deffinately not the person who should be reporting a fight because she seemed to leave out the part where they were beating the crap out if eachother.

I looked over to Anthony and Harry as if to say 'do something' but they just shrugged giving me trembling looks. Ughhh, cowards, I rolled my eyes. Should I do something since no one else will?

I took a step closer to where Austin was laying on the ground with Mason on top of him constantly shooting out hits. As I got closer, I realized I needed to stop stalling and act fast. I ran up behind Mason tugging at his shoulder.

I could see Austin a lot clearer now and he looked awful. I gasped and let a single tear fall before yelling, "Mason get the hell off of him now!" No response just more swings. Seeing this made me hurt and before I knew it I was literally trying to pry Mason away from Austin. However, the fact Mason was 6'1 and really strong did not help my case, but I kept trying.

It was obvious the more I tried to pull him off, the angrier he got. I tried again, not wanting to give up but maybe I should have. All my strength was being put into moving him so when he shook away, all my power back fired. I stumbled backwards feeling only my head aching and voices yelling and sirens hollering before everything went out in my mind."

End Of Flashback

It finally came back to me. Everything was racing through my mind. Why I was here in the hospital. Why my head was hurting. Why Austin looked so hurt....wow, he looked soo hurt, and deep down I knew it wasn't because of all the bruises and cuts, but because of what he found out before. He knows that I move on and I know that he never wanted me to.

Looking in Austin's eyes I could see his sympathy for what just happened to me, but the hurt and betrayal in his eyes were overpowering that. Neither of us knew what to say and for a minute I thought we were jut gonna stand there and not make eye contact. That was, until Austin opened hi mouth to speak.

"This was for you" he said while placing a small box on my bed. "I got it for you when I decided on coming home....but things didn't really go as planned. I would keep it, but I would have no one else to fit that description of so, just take it." Austin trailed off. He said those words with no expression at all. And just as fast as he came back into my life. He left it too.

I glanced over at the little black box. I was a little confused when he said no one else would fit the description, so I was dying to know what was in there. I picked up the box and moved back onto the bed. Opening it made me feel like shit. It was a small heart necklace with small writing on the back that read:

"Promise you won't

give up on us because

I'll never find someone

as amazing as you

Xoxo, Austin"

I took the small charm in my hand holding it tight and let hot tears fall onto my lap. I was sitting there for a really long time and I just barely heard the door open and in walk Alexa, Trinity Harry, and Anthony. No sign of Mason what so ever, but I didn't really even care. Anthony say to my lady and Alexa on my other side.

"Where is he?....can you tell him to come back in here?" I managed to shake out. "Please?" They all looked at each other with similar expressions.

"Uhh, Carlie. Austin left....he said he decided not to come stay at home anymore." Harry's raspy voice came out soft and I could tell he was trying to sugar coat it. "He left about a half hour ago....But the thing is, before he left he gave me back the keys to my aunt's house. He's going somewhere else this time, and I have no idea where....."

___________________________

OOHHHHH! Lots of drama in this chapter!!!! Where do you think Mason is and what's he doing? but more importantly, WHERE IS AUSTIN GOING?!?!

Vote, vote, vote