CHAPTER 2

Khaleesi's P.O.V.

"What do you mean?" I ask with a sore throat. When I woke up I started coughing cause there was a tube down my throat to help me breath. I hurt it so it bothers me a little when I speak and when I swallow.

"Do you know where you are?" The doctor asked.

"Well guessing by the white coats I'm gonna say hospital." I answer meanly. 

"Khal." Kaleb warned.

"It's alright Mr. Petrova... Khaleesi, you were in a car accident which lead you to be in a coma for 5 years."

I was so confused. I mean, of course I understood what he meant but I guess the word I should use here is... take in. I'm trying to take in the fact that it's five years from what I last remember. I was also scared and sad, and even angry because I felt like it was my fault I was there. Who knows? Maybe I was, after all I don't remember what happened.

"Do you remember anything about the accident?" The doctor asked.

"No."

"Okay, that's very normal. I want to keep you here for a couple of days for observation and to start rehabilitation as soon as possible."

"Rehab?" I ask confused. "What for?"

"Because you were in a coma, your body was not mobile. It's like your brain forgot what you knew and you have to learn again. But that is not something you need to worry about."

"Really? You just told me I have to learn to walk again."

"I'm gonna call a nurse to draw some blood and bring you some real food. In the mean time, Mr. Petrova, can we talk for a second?" He makes a gesture to the door and they both walk out.

Now I feel even worse... Learn to walk again? What the hell?!!

________________________O_________________________

Kaleb's P.O.V.

"Is everything okay, doc?"

"Yes, like I said, I want to keep her for a couple of more days."

"No, yeah. I understand. So after that I just take her home?"

"Of course, but she will still need to come for rehab."

"Right."

"I would advise not to go to her with the news of your mother directly just yet. She's behaving better than expected but she did just wake up today and I don't wanna take any risks of agitating her."

"Better than expected?" I ask confused.

"I don't want to say normal because normal for a coma patient is for them to act disoriented, agitated, angry, impulsive, or extremely emotional. And yes, she is upset but she's behaving like she just woke up from a long sleep."

"But that's good, right?"

"Yes, that's very good. But non the less you still need to take some precautions. You should always identify yourself when you enter her room. Tell her that it is morning, afternoon, or evening, to help her orient to time. Warn her when you are going to touch her. When she trusts you, talk about her favorite things and shared experiences. Talk about her pre-injury life, but avoid suggesting that she will need to create a new life. Show her photos of familiar people. Assure her that she is safe from harm now. Don't ask her to recall her injury. She can't and this certainly will frustrate her. Most importantly, be patient with her. Neurological healing takes time and trying to accelerate the process only will upset her. Also, don't take any of her hurtful words or actions personally. This can be a challenge, especially if she is swearing at everyone who approaches her or takes a swing at you when you try to comfort her. Remember, she just came back after 5 years. It's a lot to take in."

"Right." I think I'm gonna need to make a list. After I talk to the doctor I head back inside to her room... By knocking and announcing myself. She was eating like she hadn't eaten in 5 years... Sorry bad joke.

"Hey, where's mom?" She asks.

"Oh, she's not here. How you feeling?"

"Okay, I guess. I don't really know how you're supposed to feel after a coma."

"You haven't asked." I look down.

"I'm scared of what you're going to say. Is he... okay?"

"Yeah, I was about to call him."

"Don't." She quickly says.

"Khal, he was here every day. He still comes every once in a while. And when he can't he calls to check in."

"Is he seeing someone?" She asks with a tough face, but I could tell it hurt her.

"Yes. Khali--"

"It's okay. I was in a freaking coma with no release date. It's expected for someone to move on."

"They've only been dating for a couple of months. The team kind of pressured him to. I had no part in it, I swear."

"Team?" as she asks she turns on the TV and the news were on.

"The weather tomorrow for New England is a very sunny one." The weatherman said

"New England? As in Boston?!"

"Surprise?"

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if New England is  located in Boston. Maybe you guys can shed some light in to that... ???

And I know this chapter's boring but it'll get better, I promise! 🙏🏼