CHAPTER 3

Kaleb's P.O.V.

"What the hell are we doing in Boston, Kaleb?!" She didn't scream it but it was loud... Is this the part where she attacks me?

"Well... yours truly... was drafted to the New England Patriots."

"What?" She smiles. "Are you serious?! That is awesome! Congrats!"

"Thank you."

"I should maybe also mention that Eli was drafted to the New England Patriots as well."

"Oh, well that's good." I could tell she didn't want to talk about him.

"You really don't want me to call him?"

"No... not yet at least. I want to get my head around this whole situation."

"What about Dani?"

"No." I leave it at that. I don't want to push her to hard.

A month later I was finally able to take her home. She decided to stay close to the hospital before coming back to the real world. She was already walking. The doc says it was the fastest physical recovery he's seen but that mentally she hadn't recovered at all... Now was when the challenges were going to begin. 

"Jesus Kaleb, what the hell?" she says as soon as she sees the house.

"What? It's a cool house, you don't like it?"

"No, it's just... different to what I'm used to." She confesses.

"I know... but hope fully you'll get used to it." We step out of the garage.

"God, and what douchebag lives there." She point to the house in front and I just have no words. I mean, what do I say? 'Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention, not only does Eli play on the same team but he also lives right in front of me?'  she'll lose it.

"How about we go inside?" I close the door behind us and she follows me to the kitchen to start dinner

"How about we go inside?" I close the door behind us and she follows me to the kitchen to start dinner. "We need to buy you some clothes."

"Yeah... Kale?"