Chapter 5

Taylor
She didn't fully understand why Karlie had to build up trust in her but Cara told her to do it so she had to. She wanted to know why but at the same time she didn't. Karlie was still in Taylor's arms with tears rolling down her face. She lifted her head to look up at her.

"sorry. It's just so hard to forget." she said. Taylor nodded and spoke.

"I know the same feeling. I have been through so many break ups and they are very hard to forget but it gets easier. Trust me." Karlie nodded and pulled away from the hug while wiping away her tears. Taylor thought of how to break the awkward silence. She wanted to know if she was succeeding in the mission so she decided to ask her.

"Do you trust me?" she asked. Karlie looked at her and nodded.

"yea. with anything in particular?" she asked. Taylor shrugged her shoulders not really sure what to say.

"Would you trust me in the most craziest scenario? like, if... I have no idea." she said. Karlie smiled and nodded.

"of course. Your my best friend Taylor." she said. They both smiled and she knew she was telling the truth. She just had to tell her boss then she would have that part of the mission done.

(Wednesday, may 11, 5:20pm)

Karlie had left so she was free to call Cara and tell her about it. Hopefully she would tell her why she needed to have Karlie trust her.

"hello Kendall."

"hello. I just wanted to let you know she trusts me."

"um, okay. How do you know for sure?"

"I asked her and I could tell she was telling the truth."

"Telling the truth? And you said you asked her?" Taylor knew she should've waited longer.

"uh, yes."

"Kendall, you should know by now, people don't always tell the truth."

"I know my friend and I know she wasn't lying."

"I understand you know her very well. Has she ever lied to you before?"

"Lied? No, never."

"exactly. you don't know what she's like when she lies because she has never lied to you. She could be one heck of a good liar."

"yea. That's true but I'm sure she is not lying to me."

"okay then. Sounds like you want to prove it."

"If you don't believe me then sure. What do I have to do?"

"Well, not much you have to do. Just keep her alive."

"Alive? what, why?"

"you'll see."

"when? why are you trying to kill her?"

"Well, you say she trusts you so we'll see if she trusts you enough to have you save her, and to answer your first question, very soon."

"How soon? why?" She waited for a reply but nothing came through. She sighed and hung up. She threw her phone on the couch and collapsed down right beside it. How was she suppose to save her when she didn't know when to? And why would her boss ever want to do that to her? She would never want to hurt a client if she didn't have to. Karlie was considered a client to her and Cara because she needed help. Taylor wasn't sure what kind of help it was but Cara knew. She had to have extra care for this mission because she could end up never being able to see her best friend again. She needed to be with her always just incase and she needed to protect her. The only way she could do that was if she kept a close eye on her and went into the agency frequently to pay close attention to everyone there, especially her boss.

(Thursday, may 12, 8:35am)

After Taylor woke up, she remembered that Karlie wasn't safe. She decided to text her to see if they could get together today. She got her phone and started to text.

T- Hey. I'm just wondering what you're doing today.

She waited for a few minutes as a text message came through from a number she didn't quite recognize. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and opened the text. She was surprised as she read it. The text was from her ex boyfriend but she wasn't sure which one. He just mentioned he was her ex and he wanted to meet up again. She thought about it for a minute and texted him back.

T- well, maybe. I kind of like someone else and I have no idea which one of my exes you are.

(C-Calvin)

C- it's Calvin. I understand if you like some other guy but I was just thinking to meet up like friends.

T- oh, Calvin. Yeah sure. I'll text you later today and we could go then?

C- amazing. talk later.

Taylor was surprised that he had texted her and she was slightly relieved that it was him and not one of her other exes. Then she got a text back from Karlie. She opened it and read it.

K- Not much today. actually come to think of it, nothing.

T- same. I would usually have a meeting but I don't

K- cool. Then wanna get together?

T- sure. Where?

K- I have no idea

T- How about I come over?

K- Okay. anytime's good

T- okay. I'll be there in about an hour

K- awesome!

It was good to know she was still okay. Taylor decided to go to the DCI first then go over to Karlie's. she wanted to talk to Cara and try her best to talk her out of it without getting suspended from the mission. If she got suspended from it then she wouldn't be able to keep Karlie safe and she needed to.

She walked over to the boutique and said hello to the guard then went down to the DCI.  She turned the corner and walked into the main part. Cara stood on the front platform right in front of the huge screen with a picture of Karlie on it. Taylor noticed she had been slightly smiling so she took the smile off her face and walked over to where all the other agents were gathered. Cara finally noticed her and smiled.

"Well Kendall, your just in time to go over mission M-KEK." she said.

"okay." Taylor responded. She listened to them go over the mission.

"So, Kendall will be taken over the mission by herself. No help or anything. We are still going with the normal plan except for one thing will be changing. We need ms. Kloss to build up trust in our agent Kendall so we are able to lure her here. She needs serious help, even more than our former client ms. Lovato. Any questions?" she said. Taylor looked around at every one. No one really seemed to have a question until one hand shot up in the air. Cara looked over at the agent and nodded for him to ask his question.

"What kind of help would she be needing when we get her here?" He asked. A smirk slowly spread across Cara's face which was unusual but Taylor didn't think much of it. 

"I have something planned for her but we won't worry about that until Kendall is ready to lure her here." she said. He nodded and Cara looked around for more questions. Everyone stayed quiet so she dismissed all of them. Taylor didn't leave like everyone else, she went up to her boss.

"Ms. Delevingne. Can't you just believe me and not hurt her." Taylor said. She turned around with a slightly annoyed look on her face.

"Kendall, I'm not going to do anything harmful to her unless you can't prove to me that she trusts you." She said then walked off the platform away from her. Taylor sighed, debating if she should go after her or not. She chose not to and walked out of the building towards Karlie's house. She hoped that Cara wouldn't go too far with just trying to prove one thing. There was more than just being able to help Karlie, There had to be something else to the mission. Something Cara won't dare tell Taylor.

A/n: so I changed some things with the story and I have changed the cover as well to suit the story a bit better. I won't be changing anything else with the story and I just thought I should publish this chapter since I had it already completed from later today. Hope you like it. Thanks for reading!