Chapter 10

Taylor
(Sunday, may 15, 11:22am)

T- Hey Karlie, how are you feeling?

K- Well, the pain's not that bad so a little better

T- That's good.

T- I know those people

K- Who?

T- The people who shot you, I know who they are.

K- How do you know them? Would I?

T- I highly doubt you would know them. They are from this agency that I use to work at. That's all I can say though

K- Oh, ok.

Taylor's phone started ringing. She saw it was Ella and answered it.

"Hello."

"Hey, how is Karlie?"

"She says she's doing okay."

"Good."

"Why did you call?"

"Well, the mission that we're working on, I talked to Cara a bit more but all she would tell me is that trying to kill Karlie was the plan and I think there's more to the mission than just trying to help her. Besides, I don't see how she needs help."

"Yea. You're right. I know something's going on that we don't know about."

"So I'm thinking we can somehow try to find out what this mission really is."

"Yea. I think that's a perfect idea."

"You sure? We don't have to."

"No, let's do it. We need to find out what she is hiding from us. It's Sunday anyways so she might be upstairs running her boutique rather than the DCI."

"That's true."

"And anyways, what could possibly go wrong?"

"Yea. I'll meet you there later today."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye." Taylor smiled as she hung up. She would finally be able to find out the real reason why Cara sent those agents to try and kill Karlie. She needed to know what she was up to. Something wasn't right, she just knew it.

(Sunday, may 15, 4:45pm)

Taylor walked down the street to where Ella was. She waved to her as she caught up.

"Ready?" She asked. Taylor nodded. They walked into the boutique and looked around for Cara. She was nowhere to be found.

"I can't see her." Taylor said.

"Same." Her friend responded. She sighed and walked over to the guard, showed him the ID, and waited as Ella did the same.

"Let's hope we don't run into her." She said quietly. Taylor nodded as they walked down the stairs. They approached the bottom of the stairs and made their way down the hall. Then Ella pulled her off to the side, around a corner.

"What was that for?" She asked. Her friend shushed her and quickly peered around the corner a last time before turning back to Taylor.

"Cara's coming." Ella whispered to her. She nodded and stayed quiet as they listened to the clicks of her heels on the ground get louder as she got closer and fade out as she passed them. When their boss was out of sight, they continued walking towards Cara's office. It had some of the files for the current missions in there but there was also the files room they could go to. They checked her office first.