chapter 18

HI guys! Zoé here! This chapter is kinda heartbreaking in a way. lol. Anyway, i hope you like it:)

***********

  "I'm sorry for shouting at you, love. You scared the hell out of me" -Zander 

JEWEL's POV

When I reached in front of the house, most of the policemen invaded the house and its surroundings. I couldn't see Mr. Richards and thought that he was inside. Some of the policemen noticed my presence.

"Ms. Morrison, it's better if you return to the car and wait for us there. It's dangerous. Let us handle this" one of the police men said. I stopped on my tracks and stared at the house with my heart racing so fast. I didn't know what to do. My inner self was debating if I would defy the police officer's command or follow it and just go back and wait.

"Jewel! What the heck! Why did you run like that?" Zander shouted at me when he reached beside me. He's with Hunter who was busy observing the surroundings with his keen eyes.

Zander looked so worried. He shook my shoulders like he was shaking some sense in me. My eyes blinked a couple of times before his words sank in my mind.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I just couldn't stand there and wait. I need to see Camila" My voice was trembling and so as my body. His face softened and pulled me for a hug.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, love. You scared the hell out of me" He said and kissed my forehead. Then we automatically pulled away from our embrace when we heard a screaming voice of a little girl. Zander and I looked at each other and a silent agreement was in our eyes.

"It's Camila!" We said in unison. Then a police came out of the house while running.

"Mr. Montealegre, your daughter doesn't want to come with us. He is asking for you" He said.

"What?! Okay, I'll come" Zander answered. I was about to follow them when the police stopped me.

"Sorry miss but we will just allow Mr. Montealegre to come inside" I looked at him with disbelief.

"No! That's my daughter there we're talking about and I'll come whether you like it or not!" I shouted furiously. Here I am, feeling so worried and want to see my daughter as soon as possible but I am not allowed to go. My teeth gritted in anger.

"Let her come. She's my girlfriend and Camila's mom" Zander finally interrupted. The police heaved a sigh and then nodded. We followed him inside and the fear I was feeling intensified. I didn't know that this kind of feeling existed. 

The feeling of unsureness and fear. Unsure of what would happen if we entered inside the house, if Camila would be there safe or not. There were a lot of things running through my mind but I tried to shake them off. I didn't want to think negatively. I felt Zander's hand intertwined our fingers together and the turmoil and tension inside me subsided a little bit.

When we entered the house, I looked around and saw 4 wounded men scattered on the floor while the policemen were pointing their guns at them. The other police officer was calling for ambulance.

Seeing the wounded men on the floor made me want to run and find Camila as fast as I could. I was beginning to panic.

"Where is my daughter?" I felt like my heart was already in my throat because how hard it was beating.