Chapter Sixteen

I wake up the same way I've woken up the past week, laying on my side, wearing a large t-shirt over my underwear, and my head laying on Bellamy's shirtless chest and arm draped around his waist. I can feel his fingers running through my hair, knowing that once again he has pulled it free from its hair tie while I was asleep. "Morning, Princess." Bellamy says, sounding like he's already been up for a while. "Morning." I say, rolling onto my back and away from his warmth. I shiver as the chilly morning air hits my arms as I sit up. I fling my arms out and stretch, letting out a yawn. "How is it that you're always up before me?" I ask, holding out my hand towards him. "Don't know." He says, and I turn and raise my eyebrows at him. "Hair-tie." I say, wiggling my fingers for my one and only beloved hair-tie. I watch as a smirk rises on his face, causing me to narrow my eyes at him.

Bellamy pulls the black circle off his wrist, holding it up to his face. "What, you mean this hair-tie?" He asks raising his eyebrows at me in question. I roll my eyes and hit his bare chest with the back of my hand. "Yes, that hair-tie, Bellamy." I say, not holding back my aggravation. He places his free hand on his chin. "Hmmmm, I don't think so." He says, tapping his chin with his fingers. I lunge for it, but he yanks it away, holding his arm straight out and away from me. "Nope." He says with a childish grin on his face. "Bellamy." I whine, slapping my thighs in protest.

I sigh and get up from the bed. I can feel his eyes on me as I pick up my folded pants from my pile of clothes at the foot of the bed. I tug them up, being careful to keep the shirt pulled down, and turn around to look at him. He slides the hair-tie back on his wrist and gets up as well, picking up his clothes from next to his bed. "Turn around." I say, holding up my shirt and shaking it for emphasis. He rolls his eyes at me, but turns around. I grin.

I drop the shirt and take the two of three steps between us, and as he goes to pull on his shirt, I jump onto his back, wrapping my legs around his torso and grabbing onto his wrist with my hair-tie on it with both hands. He drops his shirt in surprise, and I get my finger between the stretchy material and Bellamy's skin, but Bellamy tilts backwards slightly, causing me to freak out at the sensation of falling, and wrap both arms around his neck with a screech. His laugh booms through the tent as I continue to clutch onto him as he straightens out.

When he's up right again, I use one hand to reach for the hair-tie while keeping the other one over his shoulder and on his chest to keep me secure. "No!" He says, laughing, and stretches his arm out over the bed while using his other one to grab onto my outer thigh. I hitch myself up higher on his back as he falls to his knees, and I reach out towards my hair-tie, brushing it with my fingers, when Bellamy pulls his arm back towards his body. He grabs onto both of my ankles as he gets to his feet and turns around. He unlocks my ankles from around his torso and pushes them back, causing me to fall backwards onto the bed. I open my mouth to protest, but he turns around and pins my wrists down above my head as he leans over me.

I let out a huff of annoyance. "Hey, you're the one who started it." He says, a smirk plastered on his face as he laughs slightly. I smirk slightly as an idea forms in my head. "What?" He asks, playfully narrowing his eyes at me. I wrap my legs around his waist. "Nothing." I say nonchalantly, shrugging slightly. "What are you..." But he doesn't get to finish because I use his weight against him as I twist myself to the side, taking him along with me. I unwrap my legs at the last second, landing on one knee and throwing the other one on the other side of Bellamy's torso, and I pin his hands above his head with one of my own, using the other one to slip the hair-tie from his wrist. I hold it up in triumph. "Ha!" I exclaim in victory. "Looks like someone really took their training to heart." He says, smirking with a proud look in his eyes.

Along with the endless training with the guns, Bellamy has also started training me to fight and defend myself. He's taught me how to shoot a gun, some hand-to-hand combat, wield a knife for my protection, and even how to shoot a bow. And, I'd have to say, my aim with the bow and arrow is not that bad, in fact, it's pretty damn good.