chapter 6

-Sophies POV
She leapt home to Havenfield thinking about her wonderful day. First she was pretty sure Fitz had been staring at her, second she had thought about it all day. Maybe the second one may be unhealthy but she came to the conclusion of maybe.

Okay, maybe wasn't the greatest answer but it is better than no. Sophie hadn't realized that she had been standing there with a goofy grin until Grady and Edaline spoke.
"How long do you think she will stand there for?" Grady asked
"Huh?" Sophie asked as her face started to feel warm. She was sure she was bright red now. Edaline giggled as she whispered something in Grady's ear that did not make him happy.
"What is it?" Sophie asked wanting to know even more. Was it obvious she liked someone?
"Who is he?" Grady asked as he turned red looking like he wanted to hit somebody. Edaline put her hand on his shoulder and it calmed him down.

Her hand became interesting to her. How could they guess? She looked up to see Grady not looking at her and Edaline smiling like a maniac. Behind her Sandor looked like he was about to burst into a laughing fit.
"Um,"was all she could say.
"Yes!" Edaline yelled as Grady whispered "No."
Sophie tried to walk past Edaline to go to her room but Edaline looked at her with big puppy eyes begging for more information.
"Do you really want to hear about my love life," Sophie asked hoping she would say no. But as she thought that Edalines head bobbed up and down quickly. Grady just left, while Edaline lead Sophie to a spot to sit.

They had talked for an hour, but Sophie hadn't told her that it was Fitz. She explained why she liked him and his personality. Than Edaline asked the questions she was hoping she wasn't going to ask.

"Do you think he likes you, and who is he?" There was a long pause than she yelled,"IS IT KEEFE!?"
"NO!" Sophie felt a disgust and weirdness go through her that made her shiver. "I am not sure if he likes me," she paused thinking about how he may have been looking at her that morning. "And I would tell you who it is but I am not really comfortable saying."

On cue Fitz walked around the corner and asked "What are you not comfortable saying?"
-Fitz's POV

When Fitz lept home from school he kept debating if Sophie had been looking at him. He was sure she thought of him as a friend but nothing more. Also he was sure she liked Keefe. He walked in with Biana but he still stared off into the distance. Fitz wanted to know, he needed to know. He probably wouldn't be able to get over her if she didn't like him that way. That was the reason he never had brought it up with her.

They were cognates, he had to tell her. He sat on the cold ground for about and hour until Biana came out.
"Mom sent me out here to see if you were alright."
Fitz had almost not heard her because he was lost in his own thoughts.
"I am fine," he spoke still in a daze. Sophies smile flashed through his head occupying his thoughts.
"Well if you need help with something i am here." She sat there waiting for a response. Why would he tell her about his crush? If Biana were to find out she would make his life miserable. But she was a girl, and Sophies best friend so maybe she could help.
"I, um, like this girl," he stated not looking at Biana.
"Really!? Why are you talking to me about this?"she started to freak out but he barely caught any of it until she mentioned Sophie. "It is so obvious you like Sophie."

"Wait. How obvious?"

"Like really obvious. Your little stare session was really cute." with that his mom came out.
"What are you guys talking about?"

"Ummm, nothing." Fitz spoke like he didn't even believe it.

"We are talking about his crush," she dragged out the crush part to make it almost teasing.

"Who is it?" Della asked while making her eyes like big puppy eyes.

"Nobody." He stared at the ground. "Fine, it is somebody. But I am not going to tell you."Della left and went back inside.

"Tell her how you feel."Biana whispered but Fitz heard it. He got up to go tell Sophie how he felt. "Where are you going?"

"To go tell her that I like her!" Fitz yelled as he went to the leapmaster, and called Havenfield and leapt into the light.

The light pulled him away to Havenfield. Fitz was gonna turn back until he heard Sophie talking to Edaline. He heard that she wasn't comfertable saying. His heart raced as he walked forward and asked the question.
"What are you not comfertable saying?"