Description

There was a couple who, years ago, lost their young son. After dealing with immense grief over the years, they decide to adopt a little boy.

They were interested in Chance, a energetic, happy little boy with striking green eyes. He was happy someone finally wanted him!

But things don't always go as planned, while on a visit to see Chance, they fell in love with Choice. She was a shy and gentle thing. They adopted Choice, leaving Chance.

Choice and Chance were best friends. But because she was their Choice, he lost his Chance. His chance at a family, love, a home, a good life.
__________-
(Story excerpt)
"What happened to you?" I questioned, giving his forest eyes a hard stare.

"What happened to me?! You happened! You took everything!" He said with ferocity, his ember eyes blazing with rage, fists balled.

Realization dawned on me. I took his chance.

"You got the good parents, you got the good life. That was supposed to me MINE!" He roared inching closer to me.
"But you got adopted too! Weren't they good parents? If they weren't then you would be back in the system" I theorized while taking small steps back.

He let out a dry, humorless laugh, "You think they give a damn? All those night I SCREAMED, all those days I CRIED? They don't care just like you didn't care when you took everything from me." He stopped approaching me, looking like a lost child, his voice soft at the last sentence.

"Chance, I cared, I care." I sympathized.

"No you don't Choice, because you were exactly that, their choice. To be honest, I never even stood a Chance."