The new set of heroes

Are you sure that this is the best team  S.H.I.E.L.D  can afford?’ Maria Hill enquired.  She has a stern look on her face and in front of her is a man with an eye patch staring at a screen.

The wide 110 inch screen reveals a security camera footage clip of the detainee’s cell. There are four men at different positions of the room.  

A strange man with clear cold eyes paces rhythmically to and fro through the room. With a clear indication that he knows that he is being watched, he occasionally takes a glimpse of the camera and quickly turns to the other side.

Another notable person in the room is a Caucasian in his twenties wearing a hoodie. He anxiously sits on a bench at the edge of the cell. He also looks at the other three with doubt and fear.

The next person in the list is a middle aged man, unshaven face sleeping while sitting in a chair. He usually droops and at the verge, he slowly springs back like he doesn’t give a damn for what happens to him. His wooden cane resting on his lap and his left hand clutches to a pill bottle.

The last person in the room is really weird for he occupies the last chair uncomfortably. He gets up every five minutes and wipes his chair with a well- made handkerchief. His face is well shaved and one will see him as a man with extreme contempt for his fellow companions in the cell.

I don’t know how I am going to cope with these imbeciles” said Nick Fury after watching the footage. 

How did you bring these guys anyway? They have declined to even visit us after an official call.

Each one of them was caught at police stations for different crimes, The man scampering across the room is a private detective caught firing at the walls of his house. Mr.Hoodie has being hacking into the servers of reputed companies for encrypted information. The sleeping guy is a doctor who is caught for possession of medical drugs without prescription. And there’s our comic relief, a man claiming to be a physicist. He broke into one of our nuclear research centre and says he needs Uranium. Truly a Lunatic. Funny isn’t it at last we meet these four talented misfits in a detainee cell’

“Can they be entrusted with this enormous responsibility? I am doubtful of it. Sending Avengers or some Agents in an undercover mission would have been a better decision”, Hill asked.

“I am acting as per the directions of the President and the director; even I can’t trust these guys. But the director said that the only men alive to complete the mission will be these people and two words that provoked me ‘Trust them’ ”

Then Fury looked at the screen hoping to find the reason behind the trust, the director has on them.