23

Jughead's Pov:

"You all lied to me", I yell in surprise and sadness. I thought they were my friends. 

"No", I hear Betty Mutter, glancing angrily at Archie and Veronica before stepping forward towards me. 

"Is that why your mother invited me and my dad over for dinner, so they could search his house", I ask, looking her in the eyes. She was already crying and even though I was mad right now, it still broke my heart to see it. 

"No, I had no idea that they were doing this", Betty speaks up glancing back at our betrayal of friends, before turning back around to say, "But, yes that's why she invited ya'll"

"I can't believe I was going to pass up moving to Toledo with my family for you", I find the words leaving my mouth before I can stop them. Her eyes widen in shock, and the tears that were once glazed over her eyes fell out and rolled down her cheeks. 

"W-what", she sobbed, gosh I hate this. 

"I told you at the trailer park that I didn't believe my father killed Jason, wasn't that enough for you", I feel the tears start to sting my own eyes. 

"Yes it was, I tried to stop her, my mom", She sobbed taking another step forward. 

"You could have told me, warned me," I look down at her.

"I know, but you were so e-excited Jug I didn't want to disappoint you", She cries bringing her hands up to hold my face in her hands. When I bring my hands up to pull them away, we hear screaming from down the hall. 

"Betty, thank god your okay", says her mother, with the rest of our friends and families running down to catch up to us. 

"Not now mom",Betty growls back, at any other moment I would have been proud to see her stand up to her mother, but not now. 

"No you need to listen, My dad was just here", Kevin starts causing my eyes to widen whats happening. 

"He was arrested for the murder of Jason Blossom", Fred finishes, causing me to go into shock. No this can't be true, n-no, NO, NO, this can't be true. I took off down the hall, running for the exit doors and ran as fast as I could to my old trailer. 

                                                                            **

Betty's Pov:

I watched him run away, not caring enough to finish our conversation. What did I do. 

"As much as I liked Jughead, I'm so glad that you are done with that family", My mother speaks up causing me to be brought back from my thoughts, wait what did she say. 

"Done.... I love Jughead mom. He's my family just as much as you are, more so right now", I glare angrily, trying to walk around her to exit my room. 

"And, where do you think your going", she asks raising her eyebrow. 

"To find Jughead, do not push me tonight mom, because.. I will push... back", I speak up, causing her eyes to widen before she slowly steps aside to let me pass. God where are you Jughead. 

After I checked Pop's and he wasn't there and ran into Archie and Veronica. I decided to go home, where the hell could he be.

Later that night, I stay awake. Not being able to sleep, to many thoughts running through my mind, I love Jughead. It just now sinks in about how I finally said it. And, It wasn't even to him. Tears start to well up in my eyes, thinking back on the last couple of things we said to each other. 

"Betty", I quietly hear coming from my window, I sit up fast to look out my window to see a drenching wet Jughead. 

"Jughead, oh my gosh. I'm so glad that your okay", I hug him once he sets foot into my bedroom. He stays ridged, not moving. Shit I forgot we were arguing. 

"Jug, your freezing cold. Let me go get you some warm clothes, stay here", I whisper trying not to wake my mom, when I return with some of my dad's old clothes he had left here, I leave him to change and decide to go get us both something to drink. 

"Where were you" I ask walking back into my room, and quietly shutting the door while also locking it just encase my mom wakes up. 

"I just walked around Riverdale for hours, I didn't want to go anywhere where I knew y'all would be searching for me", He mutters looking down not making eye contact. I bring my hand up to tilt his chin up to where our eyes meet. I could see the sadness there, poor Jughead. 

"Do you know how worried I was", I ask grazing my thumb over his cheek with small strokes. His eyes soften slightly, before they are angry again. 

"Why didn't you tell me", he suddenly asks. I honestly have no idea what to say to him.

"I-I don't know, I knew how excited you were for our families to get to know each other. And, Jug trust me, I wanted the same thing. But, I know my mom. She actually likes you, it's your dad she doesn't like for some reason. I didn't want to ruin your happiness. I know I sound selfish for saying that, but Juggie you deserve so much more than you get. I didn't want to take this one normal thing that we share away, because I knew my mother was trying to scheme something behind our backs", I say looking into his eyes still, and this time when I really looked into them they were soft and genuine. 

"You don't no how much you mean to me", He suddenly says bringing his hand up to rest against my cheek now. 

"I think I do because... Jughead I love you.... So much, you mean so much to me that if something were to happen to you. I don't know what I would do", I mutter leaning into his touch. He smiles and his eyes slightly widen to my confession. 

"I love you too" He smiles finally leaning into capture my lips with his. The kiss was filled with passion and was so genuine. I love him so much. Our tongues collide and he taste like peppermint and chocolate like he always does. His hands tangle in my hair and mine in his. Gripping his shirt, trying to get him as close to me as possible. 

When we finally pull away, it takes a moment to catch my breath. I look up at his dilated pupil's and swollen lips with a little bit of shine to them because of my lip gloss.

I smile at him, and he does the same. And, I know that everything will be alright. 

"You know, I don't believe that your dad murdered Jason right. Like I said that night and like I will say tonight. I believe you Jughead. And, I always will", I tell him looking into his beautiful blue/green eyes. 

"Thank you", he smiled leaning into capture my lips again.

                                                                                     **

THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL OF THE READS 11.2 K THANK YOU SO MUCH. I HOPE YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER, TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT.