Remembering Sunday

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Title from All Time Low

Chance’s POV

I watch her giggle about something that the boy tells her while they dance.

I smile as I stare at her glowing face, she rests her head on the boy’s shoulder and he pulls her nearer to him.

My smile quickly turned to a scowl and I try to look away, but I was too scared to. I was afraid that if I turn away even just for a second I will completely lose her.

They continue to dance, and the boy turns my way, his eyes met mine and he smirked- Gloating.

I felt my hand close to a fist. Stopping myself from storming toward them and pull her away from him. But as always, my short patience got the better of me and I start toward them.

At the same moment I saw the guy pull out a dagger and raise it over her.My eyes widened and as he turned his back at me and drop the dagger at her. At that very moment I saw her face, her eyes were filled of pain, she stared directly at me as a tear make its way down her cheek.

I caught her mouth something at me but-

“Hope!” I sat up awake.

I look around and found myself on the chair in the clinic right beside Ken who was looking at me worried.

“Hey, you ok there buddy?” he asked.

I shook my head to clear my mind, “Yeah… yeah, I think…”

He chuckled, “Really shouldn’t have bothered asking, I guess.”

“What?” I asked.

He gave me another look, “You were tossing and turning.” He explained, “I’ve been trying to wake you up for the last five minutes.”

“Oh…” was all I could say.

Ken was sitting up on his bed, his eyes never leaving mine. “You know, my grandmother use to say that dreams are often signs of what you fear…”

“What I fear?”

“You were dreaming of Hope?”

I sat back slouching, trying to calming myself. “It’s nothing…” I said. “Probably just from all these.”

“Which you haven’t started explaining Pierce.” He grinned. “I know Aunt Jean is good, but she isn’t that good.”

I sighed, not really knowing where to start to explain.

Maybe I should try what mom and dad did. I thought.

But then again, I would need mom to heal Ken.

“Maybe you can start with what Toby and Katy had been saying.” I looked up at Ken, questioned. “Look Chance, we grew up together, you are my girl’s big brother and you are like one to me. So whatever it is, you can trust me… I won’t judge.” I still gave him a questioned look, which made him shrug and gave me a stern look. “Are you or are you not into guys?”

“What?!” I snapped.

“Well, that’s what the cheerleaders has been saying, that all the conquest you’ve been bragging about is nothing but talk and-“ I shook my head as he tries to explain, “so what’s the real deal Chance?”