1 - she made up her mind

"Lexi." He acknowledged.

"Cambriel." She whispered back.

Full name, huh.

Silence drifted between the both of them, neither comfortable nor the opposite, charged with electricity. However, as it stretched on, Cambriel realised that maybe her silence spoke for her decision.

He cleared his throat.

I guess I got my answer, then.

Letting out a shaky breath, Cambriel broke the silence, ready to face the hurtful truth.

"Listen, I get it, I just–Lex, I don't want to lose our friendship, even if that means not–"

"Shh," Lexi hushed him, her voice as quiet as the gentle breeze that passed by them, swaying loose strands of her perfect bun. "I want my best friend back."

Cambriel's face softened, the tips of his lips lifting into a tiny, almost unnoticeable, smile.

And that's all I'll ever be, Cambriel couldn't help the bitter thought, I guess I shou

Lexi took a few steps forward, alerting Cambriel and halting his train of thought.

Mere inches separated their bodies from touching. Baffled, Cambriel's eyes widened a fraction, his heart beating wildly in his chest.

"I want him back," Lexi continued, voice soft as ever, "But not just as a best friend anymore."

With that, Lexi met Cambriel's lips with hers, sealing her words with a kiss, a promise.