I - Patience

Elena.

"Come on Lena! Higher!" I groaned as I stretched my leg higher than I ever could.

I placed my leg back on the ground, and finished stretching.

"Good job today Elena, you're gonna be ready for that competition in a few weeks," my coach told me and I smiled.

"Hope you're right, but I don't know...I can't seem to figure out the right moves," I said while grabbing my bag off the rack.

"You'll get it.  You always have," she told me and I nodded.

"Just have to keep practicing that's all," I said and she nodded.

"Well I'll let you go, I'm guessing I'll see you tomorrow morning?" She questioned and I nodded.

"Like always...see you tomorrow Ms. Ange," I said while waving her a goodbye.

"Until tomorrow Elena!" She called out as I made my way towards the car waiting for me.

I hopped in the passenger seat to see my lovely boyfriend Will.

"Hey baby, how was practice?" He questioned while reaching over to kiss my cheek.

"Painful like always," I hugged and he smiled.

"I don't see why you keep doing this to yourself when it causes you so much pain," he said and I just shrugged.

"Will, dancing is what I do.  I've been doing this for almost fifteen years.  Although it's a lot of pain, it pays off," I explained as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"I suppose your right," he said and turned on the radio.

I gasped when I heard what was playing, "Aw babe I love this song!"

I turned it up and started singing along with it.

"You take me places that tear up my reputation
Manipulate my decisions
Baby, there's nothing holding me back..."

I've always been a fan of Shawn Mendes' music, but this new song he just came out with tore me up even more.  Will took me to see him in concert one year, and it was the best thing ever.

That's when we were still best friends, but now we're dating. Things were different when we were just friends, I mean, sure people would think we were dating all the time, but really, we were just laughing at all the rumors.

Now, we're almost graduating and I have my whole life set on scholarships from different schools about my dancing.

"Babe?" I heard Will say and I turned my head to look at him.

"Yeah?" I asked while interlocking my hands with his.

"So I got a phone call today from my brothers friend Andrew, and I guess he wanted to talk to you," he said and I nodded.

"About what?" I asked and he shrugged.

"The only thing that he told me was that he wanted you to teach some famous guy to dance," he said and I nodded again.

"Well can I call this friend of yours?" I asked and he nodded while handing me his phone.

"It's the third number on recents," Will said and continued driving.

I kept quiet and found the number.

"What are the other numbers you've been calling?" I questioned seeing that it was someone named Maria.

"No one just someone for work," he said and I nodded.

I clicked on the third number like he said and put it to my ear. The phone started ringing, and within a few moments, they answered.

"Hello? Is this Andrew?"

"Yes, is this Elena?"

"It is, I heard you wanted me to teach someone to dance?"

"Indeed, I hope it's not going to be a bother it's just because my client is starting his tour soon, and we want to add at little spice to the show you know?"

"I get it, but yeah I would love to, just when though?"

"Anytime would be best, or whenever you're at the studio."

"Well considering I'm there for eight hours everyday, anytime and day is fine with me."

"Okay good I'll let him know then. Thank you again for doing this."

"Anytime, but who exactly am I teaching to dance?"

"Right my client Shawn Mendes."

I'm sorry but what!

I hung up the phone and tried my best not to drop it.

"So what did he want?" Will questioned and I couldn't process what I had just been told.

"Lena?" He asked again, trying to get my attention as we pulled up into the driveway.

"I-I um," I paused, not being able to speak

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked and my hands started shaking.

"T-they want me to teach Shawn freaking Mendes how to dance!" I squealed and he looked at me with a surprised expression.

"What?" He questioned and I nodded.

"I have to teach the Shawn Mendes how to dance!" I respected and he smiled while pulling me in for a kiss.

"That's great! Just promise me nothing happens between you two," he mumbled and I nodded while wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I promise...it's only you and me baby," I said and brushed my nose against his.

Well this is bound to get interesting.