Part 1

It was in 1895, a year after what I called " The dead killer". I remember, I was in our living room, sitting between my books and having a cup of coffee in my hand: I had an exam two weeks later. I was really getting crazy.. I couldn't work. I had a headache and I don't know what... all what may happen to you if you don't stop studying for more than a month.. even for one day!

   I was staring at nothing, when my friend came in, holding his book and an envelope. I stared at him very stupidly.

-"what?" He asked, very simply.

-"how can you be so calm... 15 days before the exams!"

-"oh .. that's okay. It wasn't so hard for me so.."

-"so what?"

-"I wanted to help someone .. I mean it's a case"

-"a case?"

-"yeah..look"

He handed the envelope to me. It was written "To Mr. John Ralph but nothing else. 

-"you can open it" he said.

There was a sheet of exelent paper, with a very beautiful handwriting. I read:

                "Mr. Ralph,

   I heard too much about you, so I really want you to help me. It's very complicated. I hope it won't be annoying for you and your friend if I visit you suddenly this afternoon.

                                                                   Respectfully"

-"what do you think?"

-"uh.. I don't know .. he may be.."

-"may be..?"

-"a writer.. or something like that. Look at his handwriting.. it's very beautiful"

-"something which has relation with writing"

-"and?"

-"well, he's left handed"

-"how did you know?"

-"see. The ink is retired to the right side"

'"Yeah...very logical. What will you do now?"

-"I'll just wait for our visitor. He'll give us all the information about his case"

-"yes" said I.

  I looked at my books hoplessly. I knew that he wanted me to join him in this case. I think it would make me better because I really wanted something interesting to do.

                                                            *******

    A few minuts later, someone came in. He was a man like all the other men: small dark eyes, curly moustach and a very pale face. Wearing a long black wat and a black hat.

-"I'm so sorry, sir" he apologized "I know it's so annoying and..."

-"never mind. This is my work. Sit down, please. Near to the stove, yes. A cup of tea? No? Well, tell me..about your case"

-"I-I..I don't know from where to start. I think all started when I went to my work spot as usual, two months ago. I'm aletter writer, I mean. I was browsing in my archives when someone entered my office room. He looked very sophisticated even what he said later wasn't really restful"

-"wait a minute.. why will someone sophisticated go to a letter writer?"

-"I don't know. That was weird for me, too"