Chapter 1- Forgotten Memory

Adrien's POV
"I miss you mum" I sigh, looking at the painting of my mother, who has been missing for 6 years now. The whole world around her would light up, not just me and Father. She was so beautiful, caring and kind, so positive. She loved me and father dearly, so when it was announced she was missing, it killed everyone. She was everyone's sunshine, and since she left, it's been nothing but storms in this house. Maybe the outer worlds storms have cleared, but fathers hasn't. He has become cruel and distant. He was like this before I'll admit, but you could never tell. Now it's all the time.
I leave the dining hall once finishing my breakfast and look for Father, as I wanted to try yet again, to see if he'll answer my question about mums disappearance. I've tried many times, and he's either ignored me or told me he does not wish to talk about it at the moment. I have a right to know what's going on! All I know is she left. I knock awkwardly on my fathers office, and hear a faint, "what is it"
I brace myself and open the door slightly.
"I uh- fath-"
"Did I say you could enter just now?"
"Uh-"
"Close the door and enter when I say so Adrien"
"Sorry Father" I close the door gently and knock again. This may seem silly, but he's a very strict man so I'm used to his little requests.
"What is it" he said again.
"I um... I wish to talk to you Father" I say.
"Enter"
I open the door yet again and close it behind me.
"Yes Adrien" He questions, as he continues to look down at his papers.
"Well Father, I wish to talk about my Mum, you clearly know more about her disappearance than I do and I just think it's only fai-"
"Adrien, I've said this many times, I do not wish to speak about this just yet."
"Well when will you?" I said starting to get annoyed, raising my voice a little.
"Do not take that tone with me young man, leave. I am far to busy for this at the moment."
"Far too busy? For your son? For your family and the anniversary of your wife's disappearance? What kind of father are you?"
He stands up furiously at this point and storms over to me. I quietly gulp, as he was acting terrifying. I had never had the guts to speak to father like this before, but he deserves it. He's being incredibly selfish.
"I dare you to continue, boy" he says to me in a deep, scary tone. I was hesitant at first, but he needed this. I needed to let it out too.
"What can't handle the truth? Can't handle the fact that maybe mums gone because she couldn't handle your selfishne-"
I then felt a massive stinging pain on my cheek. I stare at my father in shock. He... he slapped me... for what? I only wanted to know what was going on and why he was being so damn selfish and he... struck me over it... I touch my cheek and glare at my father as he does back, but in a sense of guilt instead of anger.
"Adrien I-"
"Well, I understand my position now Monsieur Agreste, and I will be going to my room now." I say expressionless and walk out of the room, slamming the door on my way out. Super annoyed and upset, I prepare my bag for school and decide to walk. Screw Nathalie and the Gorilla, I can't be bothered with them right now.
I continue to walk to school, with an expressionless face, as Plagg flies out of my bag.
" 'Monsieur Agreste'? Did he really hurt you that bad?" Plagg chuckled.
"He had no right to do that Plagg, stay low, and I don't really want to talk right now anyway."
"Oh... okay then. I'll just eat my delicious Camembert." He flies back into my bag just as I reach the school. I go to class straight away, not even bothering to look for Nino beforehand, and put my bag down on my desk and sit there, sulking.