Tree Climbing

"Not really... It will be hard to just to move for about a week..." 

My eyes snapped open, head pounding painfully. I slowly sat up, closing my eyes for a moment before opening them groggily. "It would be better if you didn't move for a while." A woman stood before me, and the person next to me whom I assumed was Kakashi. She held a stern yet concerned glare. "O-okay..." Kakashi said. He acted as if he were a child, which intrigued me greatly. "Hey! Sensei and (Y/n)'s awake." I looked towards the doorway to see Team Seven and Tazuna.

"Come on! Your Sharingan is fantastic, but if it puts that much of a strain on your body, it may not be worth it!" Sakura scolded lightly. "S-sorry..." Kakashi muttered. Heads turned to me, making me feel uncomfortable. Sasuke surveyed me up and down, a hard look on his face. "Are you alright, (Y/n)?" he questioned quietly. I nodded. "My head just hurts, that's all." The topic of Zabuza naturally came up soon after. 

"He's not dead." I bluntly answered. "Eh?!" Tazuna questioned. "You over looked something, Sensei. The masked 'child' was most likely a partner of Zabuza's. He threw Senbon, yes? Well, he must have stimulated death with those. According to how the body works, he should have about a week until he can properly move. If that kid really wanted proof, he could have decapitated Zabuza then and there." I said with a cold expression. ~How do you know that, dattebayo? YOu were still unconscious!" 

"It's called analyzing, dumbo." Kakashi studied my face for a few moments before nodding in agreement. Tazuna took a step forward, brows furrowed in confusion. "What have you guys been clamoring on and on about?" 

"You heard (Y/n). Zabuza might still be alive." Kakashi answered with a stressed tone. Now that Kakashi confirmed it, Naruto, Sakura, and Tazuna's faces were etched with shocked expressions. "EHHHH?!"

"But Kakashi-sensei, you made sure that he was dead!" Sakura exclaimed, her hands balled into fists.

"It's true, I did make sure he was dead. But, if you were listening to (Y/n), Sakura, you might've understood this whole situation by now." The silver-haired man turned to me. "What -- oh." I took in a deep breath. "Listen well guys, I'm too tired to repeat myself. It goes like this," I made a hand gesture, "Senbon were thrown into Zabuza's neck, correct? Who did it? The kid. Senbon are usually used in acupuncture, so it must have hit certain pressure points to stimulate death, yes? The kid must know a shit ton about the human body, so we have to be careful if he shows up again. If you add it all up, you can make out how Zabuza is, most likely, still alive. The kid was trying to save him, not kill. There's also a catch to it, too I believe. He won't be able to move for about a week." 

"Wow, you know so much." Sakura complimented. I nodded in thanks. 

"Aren't you reading way too much into it?" Tazuna questioned. "No... If something seems fishy, make preparations before it's too late. That's also an iron clad rule of the Shinobi." Kakashi said. Looking over to my left, Naruto shook, not in fear, but excitement. "Sensei, what do we do to make preparations before it's too late? You won't be able to move for a while..." Sakura said in confusion. 

"I'll assign you training."

"W-wait a minute! Even with training, we're not gonna be that strong! Our opponent is a Ninja who, not even you with the Sharingan, had a tough fight with!" Sakura argued.

"Sakura... Who was it that saved me during my difficult battle? You've all grown... especially you, Naruto! You've grown the most!" Kakashi declared with happy eyes. A smile graced the blonde's face. "So you noticed, Kakashi-sensei! Now it's getting interesting!" Naruto exclaimed. "It's not interesting at all..." A child-like voice countered. I raised a brow at the boy, Inari I believed his name to be, who leaned on the doorway. "Who the heck're you?" Naruto questioned, pointing an accusing finger. Tazuna held out his arms. "Hey, Inari! Where've you been?" He asked kindly. Said boy ran up to him, embracing the old man. "Welcome home, Jii-chan!" Tsunami made a face, placing her hands on her hips with a frown. "Inari, what sort of greeting was that? These are the Ninja who escorted your Jii-chan!"