Chapter 1

"Gramps! He can't be in the guild!" Natsu yelled glaring at Gajeel as he sat at a table with a bored face.

"Please calm down, he needed a job and we're friends so I wanted to help him! But I don't like him!" Juvia yelled turning to Gray at the end of her sentence.

"I agree with him master, he destroyed our guild." Erza clenched her fist trying not to attack.

"Now now, remember what I said today's enemy can be a friend tomorrow. Just give him a little bit of time, you never know you might get to like him here," Gramps smiled and Natsu slammed his fist on the table.

"I don't give a damn! He hurt Y/N and Levy!"

"Natsu that's enough!" The guild falls silent. Natsu looks up seeing Y/N standing there with her H/C hair covering her E/C eyes till she looks up. "He is a new part of our guild whether you like it or not, so you better treat him like you do with everybody else."

"But Y-"

"That is enough I said! If Levy and I are alright with him here then nobody else should have a reason he shouldn't be here, got it?" Y/N said sternly to Natsu.

"Yeah whatever," He crosses his arms and stands back. Gajeels 'tsks' and looks away only to be pulled back. Y/N's hand grabbed his shirt and pulled him out of his chair up to her face. "You're lucky the night you ambushed me and the others I was weak coming back from a job, or else you'd be six feet under." Gajeel's face doesn't change as Y/N throws him back down. "As long as you're in this guild you will treat everybody here as a family, and we will do the same to you." Y/N starts to walk away out of the guild.

"I can't believe she's letting him stay here and not kicking his ass for what he did," Gray mumbled.

"Alright, everybody! Just go on and go back to what you were doing before!" Erza ordered to break the silence. She looks at Gajeel. "Don't underestimate Y/N she is not weak like you think, and for some reason, she's fine with you here. But don't you dare think I won't be keeping my eye on you," Erza warns before walking to the bar. Gajeel fixed his shirt from Y/N grabbing it and sighed. He stood up and started to walk out of the guild to get away from the others when his name was called once he walked out.

(Time skip)

"So what the hell did you call me out here for?" Gajeel asked annoyed.

"No one hurts Levy and gets away with it!" Jet and Droy cracked their knuckles.Levy stood behind a tree nervously looking at Gajeel.

"Guys it's alright, remember what Y/N said at the guild earlier."

"She isn't here right now, he needs to pay for what he did!" Jet yelled and ran to Gajeel punching him.

"What happened to the tough guy act?" Droy asked rudely. Levy gasped feeling a new magic.

"Aw, you're not giving the new guy a hard time are you?" Jet and Droy look over shocked.

"Laxus,"

"Seeing that this is the guy who torn down the guild I see how you feel," Laxus takes a few steps closer. His head slowly looks up with an angry face. "We've become the laughing stock because of you! No one dared to say anything bad about us till you came along!" Laxus attacks Gajeel with lightning making him shout in pain.

"AHHH!"

"Now, you're gonna pay!" He punches the ground sending more lightning at Gajeel hitting him once again. He groans in pain when Jet steps forward.

"He's not fighting back. That's enough Laxus leave him alone!"

"Shut up or else you're next! The next time you wanna pick on Fairy Tail you better be ready for the consequences!" He sends an attack towards Gajeel and he braces for impact.

"AHHHH!!" All of their eyes widen in shock to hear a girl's scream. The dust clears, revealing Y/N standing there with cuts and bruises. She coughed slightly and looked up glaring at Laxus. 

"She took the hit," Levy whispered in shock. Jey and Droy's eyes widened when they saw Y/N. 

"'tsk,' You should learn to mind your own business Y/N," Laxus says annoyed. Y/N stumbles and hisses in pain.

"And you should learn how to not be an ass hole, looks like we both won't be learning shit for a long time." She glared at Laxus and a blue aura of magic started to cover her hand. Y/N lifted her fist and froze. Her eyes widened and the magic disappeared. Laxus smirked and chuckled.

"And there it is! The oh so great Y/N, not feeling well?" He laughed and covered his fist in lightning. Laxus lunged forward tackling Y/N and pushing her past Gajeel. 

"Laxus what the hell do you think you're doing!?!" Droy yelled worried. Jet used his speed and ran to Laxus' side. 

"Laxus sto-" Laxus punched Jet when he tried to grab Y/N. 

"She was gonna send an attack first! You wanna fight me Y/N! Come on then!" Laxus cackled and he punched her in the gut. Her body stumbled backward and she looked up seeing Laxus smirking. He sent a lightning attack at her and when the attack had stopped his smirk turned into a frown. Laxus saw Gajeel now blocking Y/N and using his iron club to block his hit. Gajeel's arms were around Y/N's waist holding her up. She started to cough vigorously into er hand making Laxus' smirk return. He turned around starting to walk away. "You don't have much longer Y/N. How much longer are you gonna try to hide that?" 

"Y/N!" Levy, Jet, and Droy ran over. Gajeel sat there confused and stood up walking over. Y/N's breathing could be heard by all of them getting louder turning into a wheezing sound. She took a deep breath and stood up weakly.

"Here we'll take you to the guild," Levy tried pulling her arm but Y/N yanked her hand away.

"Y/N you need to go-"

"No, I'm fine,"

"But Y-

"I'm fine!" She shouted looking away from them. The team held worried and sad looks. Gajeel stepped forward and reached for her hand grabbing it. She turned around and he froze not knowing why he did that.

"I- uh," He dropped her hand and looked away. "Thanks," Y/N Turned around and started to walk away once again.

"*sigh* So god damn stubborn," Jet mumbled. They saw Y/N's figure stumble a bit and walk away from them faster.

(With Y/N)

'God dammit! Of course, I had to do that then right when I could've kicked his ass.' Y/N walked further until seeing her home and walking faster. She opened the door slamming it behind her. Her body slid down against the door and she hid her face in her knees. Tears rolled down her cheeks. "I'm not sure how much longer I can do this," Y/N whispers crying more as she speaks.

HIIII!!! I hope you all like the first chapter! This is my very first Gajeel X Reader! I can't wait to post more chapters! Don't forget to go check out my other books I've done!! BYEE!!