2: It

Heya people! I know I have odd posting timings but everything is messed up right now. I hope it gets improved but I am not so sure myself. 

How are you liking the story till now? Any suggestions? 

Anyways...on to the chapter!

___

"Why the fuck would you do that?" Jackie cried, and Sera had to hold the phone away from her. She was too loud.

"I have work, and he was the only person I could trust to pick you," Sera explained to her sister.

"Only person? What about Derek, or Kelly, or your doorman? Why him? Why, Eric Spencer?" Jackie whined.

"Why not him, Jackie? You do like him, isn't it good thing?" Sera asked with an amused smile.

"I do not have a crush on him. I like his work and his philanthropy. It was back in my 3rd year anyways. I've grown out of it," Jackie defended, and Sera laughed.

"Yeah sure, whatever. Just send me a picture so he can recognize you. I didn't want to send anything you don't approve of. He's practically your imaginary boyfriend," Sera teased her sister.

"He's not my...ugh. Whatever, I'll send you my picture. Just tell him to leave me home, and go. I don't think I can control myself for not asking an autograph," Jackie groaned, and Sera laughed.

"I knew it! You still fangirl about him. Don't worry, he won't mind if you ask for an autograph. I told him to drop you home. You can even make him your famous pasta. I'll leave the ingredients around. He's your boss for two months, impress him while you can. You might get a permanent job," Sera suggested.

"I don't want to work in your magazine. It's too much pressure. I am an artist, we work on will, not pressure," Jackie said sullenly. Sera shook her head.

"Whatever you say. Just behave alright," Sera told her baby sister.

"Yes, Mom," Jackie said. She could see she was rolling her eyes.

"See you tomorrow, Jackie," Sera told her sister.

"Yeah. Can hardly wait to finally see you, Ser!" Jackie said excitedly, and they both hung up.

Within 2 minutes, Sera's phone beeped with Jackie's message. She saw that her sister had sent her an image. It was a selfie, youngsters obsessed over nowadays. She was a youngster too, but she forgot it since she started working.

There was only one place Sera could be young and popular- her books. Sera did her English major at Princeton, she got a job at Beau Monde and has been working there since. Sera had known no other workplace than that 12-floor building which was now her second home.

Sera forwarded the image to Eric and took out her laptop. She didn't need one in the office, but she kept one at home. It was her escape, her world, her stress buster.

Very few people knew Sera wrote stories. Even few knew she was a published writer. Sera had written children's stories. Stories which had fascinated kids all over the continent.

Sera published her books by the pseudo name Agatha Richie, she liked it that way. She had two lives, and she loved them both.

She received a writing offers from many publishing houses for a young adults novel or teen fiction, but Sera never tried. She loved writing children's stories.

Sera opened her personal mail and saw an email making her smile widely. It was a fan-mail. She hardly got any fan mail because the kids were so small. Occasionally some parents sent her emails with praises. Telling Sera how her books helped their children.