First Battle Against Team Flare And Restoring A Fossil!

Current Team: Braixen, Wartortle, Vivillon and Fletchinder

When we entered the lab, one of the scientists came up to us "welcome future archaeologists! You were drawn here by the mystique of fossils no doubt!" He said excitedly "I'm Calem, and this is Y/N. We're researching Mega Evolution. Do you know anything about it?" Calem questioned "oho! So you're Professor Sycamore's students! I've heard about you! Mega Evolution you say... I'm sorry but all I know is that it has something to do with mysterious stones. Still since you're students of the professor, you must know about Pokémon fossils, correct?" The scientist asked "we sure do!" I answered "wonderful! I expect no less from Professor Sycamore's students! That's right! Fossils are the legacy of prehistoric Pokémon! You should really go to the dig site and see the real thing firsthand." The scientist told us "is that so? Well, if you don't know anything about Mega Evolution..." "hold on! Pokémon that can be restored from fossils might just have something to do with Mega Evolution. The assistant in Glittering Cave right now might know something about that!" A lab assistant told us, "Well... As long as I'm here, I guess I'll go see that assistant. Heading to Glittering Cave, Y/N?" Calem asked "yeah, we might find something out and maybe even a few fossils it could be fun" I replied "right! Then let's go!" He chuckled before we left the lab and headed towards the cave, to get to the cave itself we had to ride a Ryhorn! Looks like my Ryhorn racing training won't be a waste after all!

We entered the cave, it was so pretty! The crystals, hanging off the walls were blue and green and the sparkled like diamonds "man, this place is like a maze! We should split up in case we get lost, that way we can contact each other if we do" Calem told me, I nodded in agreement then we started venturing through the cave, the Pokémon that I saw here were Onix, Cubone, Machop, Mawile and Ryhorn! Some Pokémon that I were familiar with, I even caught a Cubone they're so cute! I walked through a cave opening and saw a guy dressed in orange with really strange looking hair "what's this? Well, well what do we have here? A nosy little trainer has come poking around, you're a bit old for a beginner aren't you? Listen up! We're the fashionable team whose name make people tremble in fear: Team Flare! Team Flare's goal is to make it so we're the only ones who are happy! We don't care on bit about what happens to other trainers or Pokémon. Get out of here! Don't you know not to play with fire?" He asked me "usually I tend to put out fire with my Squirtle's water gun" I joked "getting my fancy suit dirty isn't the stylish way to do things but if you insist, I'll obliterate you! Get her Houndour!" He shouted before sending out that Pokémon, it was a fire type so of course I sent out Squirtle! "Squirtle attack with bubble!" I requested, the attack was a direct hit and was also super effective causing Houndour to faint! The next Pokémon the Flare Grunt sent out was Zubat, I called back my Wartortle and sent out Fletchinder. She attacked with quick attack and Zubat fainted, "you're a pretty tough Pokémon. But watch yourself, I'm not the only member of Team Flare!"

I ran deeper into the cave and ran into another Team Flare grunt "we're gonna take everyone else down so we can do what we want!" She told me before sending out a Gulpin, I sent out Braixen and attacked with Psybeam, the psychic attack was super effective so the poison Pokémon fainted. The next Pokémon was an Electrike, none of my Pokémon will do major damage in one turn and Electrike's electric attacks will be super effective against Wartortle, Fletchinder and Vivillon but I know Braixen can do this! "Braixen, use Psybeam!" the attack did half damage, Electrike countered with thunder shock and paralyzed Braixen! I returned Braixen and sent out Vivillon "use sleep powder!" I requested, the powder sent Electrike to sleep so Vivillon attacked with Draining kiss leaving Electrike with 0HP! "What?! You weren't supposed to beat me!" She cried before I continued through the glistening cave and met with two grunts "we're Team Flare! We put the fashion into fear! We were looking for fossils but discovered an over aged beginner trainer!" They laughed "Y/N!" Someone shouted, it was Calem "so, there are two members of Team Flare this time... Are you ready to battle alongside me, neighbor?" Calem asked "yeah, I just fought with another one of these Team Flare guys. So let's go!" I said with confidence.

Tam Flare sent out Croagunk and Scraggy, we sent out Braixen and Espurr. "Braixen, attack Croagunk with Psybeam!" I told him, the critical and super effective attack left only one Pokémon fighting for Team Flare. Espurr used light screen raising out Pokémon's special defence, Scraggy then attacked Espurr with feint attack which did serious damage! Espurr countered with covet, but it didn't do much. Braixen attacked with flame charge and the battle was over! "oh man! My favourite fashionable Team Flare suit is filthy!" One of them groaned "if we can restore fossils, we can make some good money!" The other said, we walked passed them and found the assistant, luckily they were A-ok! He then showed us two fossils, we could have one each I chose the Jaw fossil and Calem then had the sail fossil. Calem said he was heading to the Pokémon gym so he left, I returned to the lab to get my fossil restored it restored into a Pokémon called Tyrunt! I then headed Cyllage city and of course battled all the trainers I came across before heading to the Pokémon centre, the Cyllage city gym was a rock type gym so I better train my Pokémon a bit more before I actually challenge it! Cliff Badge, here I come!