Chapter 5 journey

When we were about a good 5 hours in, the sun was bright and high in the sky say it was noon. Halo had went of to the tv room, so he could watch the news. Like who watches the news anymore. I went to the bedroom where there was no windows or nothing. We still had about a day or so till we reached the US. I laid down on the king size bed. Then the lights flickered and the plane dropped. My heart went to my throat and I let out a scream. I grabbed the pillow and hugged it tight. I closed my eyes and started to count.
"1 dog jumps and smiles, 2 cats yelp in fright, 3 sheep run at sight..."
"You still do the thing."
I opened my eyes to Halo standing in the doorway, arms crossed, smiling ear to ear.
"Yes! It is one thing to keep my fears away!"
I snapped. Halo continue to smile and shook his head. He walked over and sat next to me.
"Well, at least you don't care on showing weakness."
I glared and grumbled
"I don't show my weakness!"
He shrugged.
"Ok let's go sky diving once we land, I hear that is fun."
"No!"
I covered my mouth and started to laugh.
"I guess you are right."
I looked down ashamed. I shouldn't use my old tactics that my dad used to show me when I got scared when training. Halo patted me on the shoulder.
"It is ok kid. We all have our old habits."
He started to get up to leave, but the plane jumped again and I let out a scream.
"Damn it, I hate planes."
I said. Halo laughed and sat back down.
"Looks like I am not going anywhere."
I laughed a little and let out another yelp as the plane jumped again. He wrapped me in a hug and held me like a kid again. I tried to glare at him but only started laughing.
"Why are you laughing?"
He pulled back and looked at me. I turned red with embarrassment.
"Nothing...."
"It is not nothing."
He started to poke me in my ribs and stomach making me laugh nonstop.
"Stop!.. stop it!!"
I had to gasp for breaths. I finally pushed him off me.
"It was nothing!"
He smiled and got up and reached his arms out to tickle me once more.
"Don't! I will tell you just don't tickle me!"
He sat down, folded his hands in his lap and stared at me.
"I just think it is funny, that we can still act like normal kids when all this is going on. When we are in this situation."
He blinked a bit and looked down then smiled at me.
"I guess we do, but we are far from normal."
I laughed.
"I guess you are right."
I bumped his shoulder playfully. He pushed me back and finally I pushed him off the bed and sprinted out the door.
"Oh it is on!"
I heard him get up off the floor and start to chase after me. I laughed and ran faster. I went to the tv room where he once was and put the large coach between us. I laughed and pushed the coach towards him and ran for my escape. To only be caught with arms around my waist. I weaved my leg behind his foot and tripped him making him fall back wards. I ran out the door. I turned around, but Halo wasn't there. I went back to where I tripped him and saw he was not there either. Oh this is not good. Rule one on fighting, always keep an eye on your enemy. All of a sudden I was pushed from behind and I fell face first into the sofa. I rolled off hitting my head on the floor and Halo was soon on top of me.
"Did you not learn, Deary? Never take your eyes off..."
"You enemy.I know I know."
Halo sat up, but stayed on top off me. I looked up at him.
"Well, are you going to get off me or not?"
He gave me a mischievous smile. Oh god what was going on inside that head of his?
"Maybe, but I think I need to teach you a lesson."
"Well master Halo, how shall you do that?"
I put full on sarcasm into my voice. He scratched his head like he was thinking.
"What can I do to you to make you learn."
He sighed and then his smile grew.
"I know."
He spoke proudly and pulled up his sleeves and then picked me up off the ground and put me over his shoulder. He started to walk but I couldn't see where we were going. Soon we reached our bedroom and he planted me on the bed. Then the next thing I knew I was pushed onto the ground. I glared up at a proud looking Halo.
"There now were are even."
He smiled down at me and held out a hand to help me up. I took his hand only to pull him down to the ground with me. He glared at me and we started to laugh uncontrollably.
After a good laugh we got up off the floor and headed to the pilot station. We open the door to find a good friend sitting in the chair.
"He Aberto, how long till we land?"
I asked he turned to me with a bright smile on his face. His smile faded once he saw Halo. Halo was one that brought him to the institute a year before me. He never forgave him, but he did treat him with respect as a college but nothing more.
We will land about 3 in the morning but we are not able to get off till 6 after inspection."
Halo and I gave a worried look.
"What do you mean inspection? We have weapons everywhere on this plane!"
He turned to me a smile at my outburst
"We always keep weapons in secret areas where one won't look. Now calm down, we still have a few hours of a rough flight."
My eyes widened but was already being dragged away from the cockpit by Halo.