Chapter 15 Sleep Over and Secrets

After a very long dinner, we were sent to our rooms. Halo finished up his homework while I went in and grabbed a bag and put some simple sleep over stuff in it. I know I haven't asked if I could go but, if they said yes I wanted to be able to leave as soon as possible no questions asked.
"Nate, I would just stop."
I looked back to Halo who was writing down some notes from his text book.
"And why is that?"
He put down his pencil taking a deep breath.
"Nate. Think about it. That....man down there is never and I mean never going to let us go. The mom would say yes but that man oh he would simply beat her so she would say no. This family is terrified of him."
My mouth went dry. I wasn't going to let an abusive dick control me like a slave. That wasn't who I was and I didn't let Scar do that when I joined I wasn't going to let this man do it either.
"We don't know that until we asked and sides I have a plan B for when they say no. So put your finished work away and start packing."
Halo smiled and he knew exactly what I meant. Let's just say i may have been texting my new friends to see if they could help us escape. If the man got mad he got mad. I wasn't going to be turned into a slave not now not ever.
After Halo finished his packing we both went down where the man and Tenny was watching tv. We politely came in and sat down and waited. Finally a what were they called? Those advertisements between clips of tv shows..... Anyways back on point. We broke the silenc.
"We are sorry to intrude, but is there any chance you wound let us go to a sleep over? We are trying to make new friends so a few of the kids we met invited us, are we aloud to go?"
The father looked shocked that we even asked, and then his face turned to anger and then to delight. Oh boy this is going to be interesting.
"Go ahead have fun, but be back home tomorrow by noon not a minute later and then I am putting you two into a deep work and one other thing. You two need to find a ride to this..... Sleep over."
I smiled and giggled. I can't believe I did it again. A shiver went down my spine. What is wrong with me?
"Already taken care of."
And right on q a honk sounded outside. The mom laughed and the father looked in shock. We both ran upstairs and grabbed our backs and rushed out side yelling bye and hopped in Molly mom's car. Molly slapped my shoulder and laughed and smiled.
"Glad you two love birds could come. And so you two know boys and girls will be sleeping in different areas of the house. But anyways it is going to be awesome! The others are already there so we were just waiting for you two. We will be outback with a bomb fire going on and some music playing and I hope you two brought a swim suit because there is an epic pool and hot tub waiting for us. And if not I bet I have something you could wear. But Halo, I think my brother might have something but I am not sure but I texted the guys so I bet one of them have a spare."
I laughed at the pure shock on Halo's face. I knew he wasn't the one for swimming because of the countless scares he bore but that look I would say we were swimming just to see it a million times. But I decided to speak up for the both of us. Time to play dumb....again.
"Um Molly. Please don't make fun of me but, what is a hot tub? Is that like a bath tub?"
She laughed a little.
"Well aren't you two in for a treat."
She patted my shoulder. I glanced sideways at Halo with an apology written on my face because there was now no way out of this one. And we also had to act in awe when we see the hot tub even though we both knew what it was.
      Molly's house wasn't that far away. It took a few minutes but not a whole lot and when we got there my mouth dropped. Her house was huge, like mansion huge. When Halo saw my face he laughed and nudged my shoulder telling me to shut my mouth. Once I was out of the car Tiffy ran up and about tackled me into a hug, I laughed and hugged back.
"Wow, I just saw you not that long ago, Tif."
"It was too long!"
I laughed and hugged back and then the girls were dragging me away from Halo and his friends. I looked back making eye contact before I lost view of him. The girls took me up to what I assumed was Molly's room.
"We got find you the perfect swim suit. I mean you have like every girls dream figure, so you got to show it off."
"Uh.... Can we make it not too revealing?"
They both laughed and didn't answer my question. Defiantly not a good sign.
"Oooooo, Molly, I think I found the one!"
Tiffy pulled out a black lace bikini and showed it to Molly. I wanted to gag. I was NOT going to wear that. Molly smiled and turned to me.
"This is what you will be wearing! It is perfect!"
I started to shake my head.
"Oh come on Nate! You will look AMAZING in this."
"I don't think so. I have scars from when I was younger."
They both looked at me shocked.
"From what!?"
"Well I was in a car accident when I was 10. It left some bad scars."
"Why didn't you tell us?"
Molly asked sitting down next to me wrapping an arm around me and Tiffy came to sit on my other side. I shrugged to her answer but in truth I was lying because if I said 'well it is from getting tortured and training at a assassin institute for a few years.' Would probably make them freak, but anyways I sadly smiled.
"It isn't something I like to talk about."
They both smiled and patted my shoulder.
"You don't need to hide them, Nate. No one here is going to judge if you have a few scars or not. It shows that you are strong. You are a survivor."
I smiled and then I was getting the bikini shoved into my hands and ushered into the bathroom.
      We all walked down the steps from Molly's house. I put a sun dress over the all too small bikini. I was a bit uncomfortable in it. It wasn't my thing. I would rather wear a skin tight suit then this ugly thing. But oh well. We all took a seat next to each other on a bench.
"Well it took you three long enough. I mean like dang it felt like hours you three were gone."
We all laughed at Dean.
"Well when it comes to fashion, it takes a bit long."
Seriously! Did Molly seriously say that! I looked around like I was looking for someone.
"Uh I am sorry but is Hazel coming?"
"She couldn't, she was working tonight at the pool. She is a life guard."
"Oh, ok"
It fell into a silence and it was not the good kind. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw Molly get a evil grin on her face.
"Why don't we play truth or dare. I mean we are a group of teens with four good looking guys and three equally attractive girls. So...."
"Yeah, why not."
Jack answered for all of us. Quince, Halo and I seemed a little shocked by it but what could go wrong. Molly then asked,
"So who wants to go first?"
I was seriously wrong. A load could go wrong and I just found out. I was dared to go to the house and had to be locked in a closet with Halo for 15minutes. Right now both me and him were being pushed to the house by the others.
"Can you know not do this?"
I asked trying to get out of it but the girls just shook their head and we were both pushed into the tiny closet and the door shut behind us and we were stuck in the dark space. We couldn't really see each other, but feel was another thing. We bumped into each other constantly. I knew why they did this to us, but it didn't mean I actually wanted to do it. They wanted Halo and I to get frisky. I turned to where I thought Halo was standing.
"What now?"
"Uh well we are stuck in a small space together and alone. And we are a couple so..."
I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see them.
"Halo, you and I both know...."
I didn't get to finish because a hand come over my mouth and his breath brushed my ear.
"You and I both know we can't loose our cover, so when their is a few minutes left then we will stage what they want. Don't worry, Nate I know you."
I laughed and quickly covered my mouth, knowing the others were out there waiting for the 15 minutes to be up. And so we waited for the last couple minutes to come and they quickly did. We heard voices and shuffling feet coming our way so we did exactly what we were good at, stage a scene. Halo pushed me against the wall and kissed me. It was hard a pleading and I kissed him back the same way. One of his hands cupped my cheek and the other was on my hip. My hands were around his neck playing with his hair. The kissing slowed down a bit. His lips were soft and slightly chapped. My heart was beating madly. Finally the door opened and we sprang apart. The others laughed, and heat reached our cheeks. I was really wishing that the door opened faster. I strained my dress up and Halo combed his hair down with his fingers. We both walked out and walked back to the fire.
The game ended after Molly had to reveal who her crush was, which of course turned out to be one of the guys there. Her face was so red when she said it and Jack broke out into a grin. So I guess he liked her back.
"Let's go swimming!"
Tiffy shouted then took off running to where the giant pool and hot tub was. The others soon got up and ran after her, leaving Halo, Quince and I walking to where the others who were already in the water.
"So how long have you two been dating?"
Quince tried to fill the silence but it just made it more awkward between my best friend and I, but I covered it up all the same.
"Four years. In May it will be Five."
He looked shocked.
"And you two just barely made out in a closet. When you had it all to yourselves with no one around."
Halo and I both turned bright red. And I knew right then that he knew we weren't a couple. So we all stopped and looked at each other.
"Self control?"
Halo was still trying to keep the cover but I already knew that it was crumbling.
"Dude, that is a lot of self control that I don't think a guy like you would have. I don't know who you two are and that is none of my business but there is something off. You come here randomly from another country, you two basically have no flaws and to me. Nothing against you two is a little fishy. I don't trust people you don't have some."
I gulped and pretended to get tears in my eyes like they were about to fall.
"Well so you know we hide them, because maybe we don't want to be made fun of. We came here to get a credit to be able to graduate. You want to know a flaw, we both lost our families. I have no mom or dad I have a foster family and that is it. My family died when I was ten in a car accident! I would never if I were you assume something about others before you actually know them!"
I must have been convincing because he looked dumb founded and shocked. I ran off with tears falling and trying to hold back a smile.
"Nate!"
Halo shouted running after me was what I was guessing. I went into the house and ran up stairs to Molly's room. A knock came in the door soon after. I turned to see Halo at the door with sad eyes. I made sure No one else was around and then broke into a grin. He let out a sigh of relief and came up and hugged me.
"You had me scared for a minute I thought you were actually crying overt he fact that your parents were dead."
I knew why he was worried. He was the one who was forced to kill them so I mean I get it. I had to do it countless times before.
"Remember what I told you? I would never blame you."
He hugged me tighter at my words and a knock came at the door. There stood Molly wet and looking worried.
"Are you ok Nate?"
I smiled and nodded. She smiled back and came in sitting on the floor in front of us.
"Quince told me what he said to you. He didn't mean to upset you. He feels really bad about it. Just where he comes from.... It is hard to trust people there. He was forced to spy for their government and recently escaped. I am not supposed to tell people but he said after your reaction he knew he could trust you. He is really sorry."
"Molly you don't have to apologize for me but I am sorry. I just have trust issues."
I whipped a tear and went over and hugged him.
"It is ok, we both forgive you, I wish you would of told us, maybe we could help somehow?"
He shook his head no. I whipped the last of my tears.
"Well this is all sappy, let's go have some fun. I mean hot tub! I want to try it out."
They all laughed and followed me out.
Once we reached the out doors, I jumped right into the pool. I didn't even bother to take the dress off. I was soon followed by the others Halo did take his shirt off, earning a few gasps because of his scars. He attempted to swim up to me but I simply splashed him and started to swim away. I laughed and kept swimming.
"Oh it is on!"
He shouted and I heard him swimming after me. I went to the side and pushed up, climbing out of the pool. I laughed as I stood at the edge watching him swim to a ledge and hop out. He was a bit away but I laughed all the same and ran. Soon, though I was surrounded by his boy crew. I threw my hands up in frustration.
"Hey this is cheating!"
"No, dreary, it is called using resources."
Halo laughed. He then came over and picked my up throwing me over his shoulder. I started to kick and wiggle my way out but that wasn't going to happen with his iron grip. Then the next thing I knew I was being thrown in the pool. I came to the serf ace only to have the others jump in and splash me. I whipped the water from my eyes and glared at them but once I met my eyes with Halo's I bursted out laughing. Then all of a sudden the ear piece in my ear went off. A buzzing sound erupted in my ear drums and Halo's must of too because we both grabbed our ears, but acted like we got water in our ears.
"Halo, Nate, remember, you are on a mission not a vacation."
Scar's voice came through startling both Halo and I. We made eye contact and then realized the others were staring at us. I gulped and looked at the others.
"I am sorry I need to go."
I quickly got out and grabbed a towel from the rack and walked to the fire ants satay the bench. I didn't want to do this mission any more. I didn't want to kill my new friend. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to be this. I never have.
"Are you ok?"
Just as those things ran through my brain, the guy I was assigned to kill, came over and sat next to me.
"No not really....."
The words escaped my mouth before I could stop them. So I did throne thing I was getting good at. Lie.
"The water, was stinging."
He nodded in understanding.
"It is the chlorine. It is a chemical that keeps germs from infecting the pool."
I shrugged.
"I know what chlorine is. Sweden may not have a a lot of things but that is one of the many things they do have."
I laughed at his look of shock on his face. He soon joined in.
"Sorry o shouldn't have assumed."
I waved away his apology.
"Don't worry about it. The others do it all the time."
He quickly stopped laughing and looked me straight in the eyes.
"Nate, you know you don't have to lie pot us right. You are hard to read, and tell if you are telling the truth or not but some things you say seems like you are trying to hide something."
"Only if you knew....."
I took a breath in.
"My life isn't one I like to talk about. Same with Halo. We both grew up with hard lives. We don't exactly like to talk about the dark memories we have. Not even to each other, but you give us time, we will open up. We just..... We don't know how people will react."
Guilt ran threw me as I basically lied through my teeth, but Quince bought it and that was what is needed.
"Well done, Nate. Keep it up."
I about jumped out of my skin as Scar's voice once again came through my ear piece.
"You can talk to us when you are ready. We are all ears. For both you and Halo."
I smiled as he got up and left. I stared at the fire. Every now again I saw a flick of a flame look like a snake reminding me what I really was.

Unedited