ten

•Kayla•

I went downstairs and out the front door. It was 8:25 so i knew i was going to be late. I got in my car and drove the 15mins to Sam's house. I always hated being the first one there anyways.

I got to Sam's house at like 8:45.

"Hey." I said as Sam let me in. "Sorry I was late. I was in a little traffic." I lied.

"No problem. The movie hasn't started yet." Sam said and I nodded. We walked down the hall to the movie room and of course everyone was there.

Sam tossed me a blanket and I covered myself up as he sat next to me. The first movie that showed was Insidious 2. Sam put his arm around my shoulder. I was fine with it.

+

I screamed at the top of my lungs ducking under the covers into Sam's chest. Sam laughed as I clung onto him not looking at the screen. My head peaks up from the covers.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." I said standing up. Sam nodded. I kicked Madison's back who was on the floor.

"Same!" She jumped at my touch.

Madison followed me to the bathroom. "Sammy's are was around you!" She shrieked when we were out of site.

I shrugged. "And...is that supposed to mean something?"

"Oh my god...you are both blind to love." Madison groaned.

"So?"

"I know you know you like him." Madison said following me.

I scoffed. "Do not."

"Bullshit!" Madison yelled.

+

By now it is 10pm. The last movie was over. Pretty much everyone was asleep except Sammy and every now and then I could feel my eyelids get heavy, shut, then spring back open. I yawned loudly.

"Kayla...if you want you can spend the night..." Sam said scratching the back of his neck.

"Sure." I nodded and relief washed over Sam's face. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

-
Author's note
(vote, comment, share) 329 words