Chapter 3: The Phonecall

Monica, Fara and I watch A Haunted House and snack on more popcorn. We laugh historically. About half way through the movie, Monica's phone rings. "It was my parents" she says when she hangs up. "They'll be at the hotel for another night" she rolls her eyes. "Are we safe then?" I ask. Monica looks at me and smiles, "we're fine, Rocky, my brother Mikey is down the hall, and he's strong" she says. Fara rolls over and looks at us, "I left The Fast and the Furious at my house, I'm gonna go get it". "Okay" Monica says, getting up. Fara leaves and Monica comes back. We sit and chat for a minute or so. Then my phone rings. Monica picks it up and answers. "Hello?" Monica says. She listens, then turns to me. "She can't find it" she says. I look out Monica's window from her room (which is upstairs) and I see Fara through her window next door. Then, the landline phone rings and Monica picks it up, giving the cell phone to me. I talk to Fara as Monica talks to the person on the other phone. "Who is this?" Monica asks. "Who is it?" I ask. "What's happening?" Fara asks on the other phone. I shake Monica and she gestures her hand for me to go away. I look at Fara's window from Monica's and I see Fara looking through hers. She gives me a questioning look and I shrug. Monica says, "I'm gonna put this person on speaker" and she presses a button on the machine. "Now repeat what you just told me" Monica says. A eerie voice answers, "Tell Rocky heads are gonna roll tonight" the voice says. I freeze. Monica looks at me in fear. She whispers "should I get Mikey?". I shake my head. "What's going on over there?" Fara asks through the cell phone.

"I don't even know" I answer. "Where are you huh? Show yourself" Monica says in a mean tone. "I'm in the closet" the voice says, in a deeper voice. I look at Monica, who looks at her closet. "There's no way you're in there" Monica says walking towards the closet. " No, don't" I plead. "Monica please don't". She opens the closet and stands there, she then moves the clothes out of the way. "I'm over this" she says. The voice replies, "I never said I was in your closet!".