Lancelot

Men. Men are confusing. Merlin thought to herself as she collected herbs for Gaius. It had been around two weeks since Arthur went to get the meor- the moer- um. That flower that save Merlin. And ever since he's been looking at her oddly and whenever she points it out or questions it he pretends to be clueless then give her more chores.

At least I'm closer to Leon and Ewan. Merlin smiled at that. Since she keeps getting hurt while they are gone they have been with her more. "Protecting her". As they call it.

Leon and Ewan both now started to treat her like one of the guys. And because of that she had become closer to many of the knights. But Leon and Ewan were still the closest.

Gwen was the same. Still the same shy and flustered girl with the gorgeous smile.

Morgana however, had become very.... not annoying. Merlin was excited to have someone other than an old man and a dragon to talk to. But Morgana was persistent with her questions.

She had hundreds. She was a never ending hole of questions. And each question was completely different. Which means Merlin had to think.

Merlin smiled as she thought of her friends and picked up another mushroom.

"Run! Run!" She heard from behind her. She turned to see an attractive man around her age with brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair. He was nicely built and had a sword of his side.

He pulled her up and pulled her along with him. Confused she opened her mouth to ask anything about the situation when she heard a screeching sound from behind her. She looked over her shoulder to see a creature with the head of an eagle and the body of.... maybe a lion. Yes a lion.

She looked ahead of them and saw a large fallen tree. She grabbed her saviors hand and pulled him towards the log, confused he followed. They jumped over the log and she sat and stopped pulling he man on top of her. So that they could not be seen by the beast.

Once they heard the sound of wings fading in the distance Merlin poked her head out.

"It's gone." She gave a sigh of relief. She then turned the man. "You saved my life. Thank you. I'm Merlin." She said not seeing his wound.

"Lancelot." They shook hands and then he passed out.

-----------------

It took around an hour but she eventually carried Lancelot back to Camelot.

Once she got there Leon was walking by and saw Lancelot.

"What happened?!" He asked.

"Long story." She said as Leon helped bring him up the stairs. Once they opened the door Gaius was looking for a book on his shelf.

"Have you brought the-" He turned around and stopped when he saw the unconscious man.

"Put him here." He pointed to the cot then turned to Merlin. "What happened?" That's when Leon left so Gaius could work.

Merlin then proceeded to explain. She told him how Lancelot grabbed her and how they hid behind the wall, and how his name was Lancelot.

"The wound itself is superficial. The fever will pass. He should be fine in the morning." She smiled in thanks to her guardian and stayed by his side till he fell asleep.