Hanahaki Disease.

Art Credits ~ bluepaladin-bestpaladin ( Tumblr )

Hey! Before we start Keith is gonna seem a bit OCC , just for the plot lines! I love my Texan mullet boy<3

It had been two weeks , three days and twelve hours since I was rejected by him . . A beautiful man with black hair the most beautiful violet - grey eyes. Soft skin and his personality, that's all I adored and he had to throw me aside. Keith Kogane , my love , was I not good enough for you?

I remembered it like it was just a minute ago. Approaching Keith with a large bouquet of assorted flowers Allura helped me pick out. They flowers mainly consisted of red and blues , a nice touch. I bought him a necklace and , as a subtle joke , a comb. Keith .. he just burst out in arguments with him , telling him how could he love him . . It felt sickening.

I couldn't stand myself and hid in my room for a solid four days. Soon , I came out of hiding for training and battles and refused to interact with any others and sometimes even eat. But .. That changed six days and 2 hours ago.

I had to rush to the bathroom to throw up , maybe it was just a human flu or such , but there was no living bacteria like that in the ship I really knew of. Instead of seeing vomit I saw .. red petals. Of all colors , red.

I began avoiding my teammates even more , this continued day after day for six days straight and it kept getting worse. I kept hiding away and trying to push back the thought that I was going to be alone.

"Lance .. buddy."

A comforting voice rang in my ears , Hunk Garrett , such a close friend and companion. " Buddy , you doing alright?" He rubbed my back in a comforting way as I was laid face first into a damp pillow , you would think I was dry out of tears.

" Hunk.." I tried my best with my tone of voice , sitting up.  Silly me , nothing could fool a friend who's known you most of your journey. " Hey , you don't have to talk too much ." Hunk assured me ," Allura and I just made some non - space goo pie." He handed over a tray.

Did I not see that tray before?

I took the pie and the fork left on the tray and tried to force it into my mouth. I broke out in a coughing fit , by body falling to the ground as crimson red petals flew out of my mouth and fluttered onto the floor." Oh my god , Lance! What the actual hell!" A rare occasion must it  be to see Hunk ' cursing '.

I couldn't hold it in , I was sobbing now. Holding my chest as I curled up and cried as Hunk attempted to comfort me. He kept asking questions , questions and questions. I pushed him away and began to shake ," Don't tell .. Don't tell." I stuttered out and he nodded vigorously," I won't Lance , calm down."

  About five minutes later he eventually calmed me down. I was sitting on my bed , arms wrapped around my own body as I tried to steady my breathing. Hunk was the first to break the silence," What was that Lance." I began to shake my head ," I don't know , I'm too scared to ask." I left out the part about my speculations about my rejection having to play a part in this. " We should tell the princess." He stood up but I grabbed his arm with a dry screech of,"No!" I steadied my tone ," No.." I whispered ," Hunk you promised." Hunk nodded solemnly and sat down.

" We can't have you go on like this."

I shook my head at his words , I knew I couldn't. It was getting worse by the days , more damn red petals, more crys , more vomitting and coughing. My lungs felt a burning sensation with every breath more and more often.