Chapter VI

A/N 
Sorry, guys! I have writer's block... Kinda just stuck on what to write in the matter of detail in what Angelique encounters until she sets sail... Thanks for the constant support from a few of you :) It's greatly appreciated. 

The feeling was overwhelming. I knew I would have to tell my mother at some point. I just didn't know how to tell her. Maybe I could avoid it and just run. When would I leave? I couldn't wait until I met Nickolas again. It was exciting to think I would be leaving this place behind and finally start my life. I continued with my everyday routine, eat, read, daydream, overthink everything. When at last, it was time to leave. I began walking downstairs, when my father called out to me. 

"Angelique?" He asked from his room.
"Yes, father?" I replied.
"Where do you think you're going?" 
"Just to town." 
"You've been going into town everyday for the past two days. You never go twice in a row. Are you up to something?"
"What could I possibly be doing?"
"I'm not sure, but those pirates came to shore the other day, and I'm hoping you have nothing to do with them." He poked his head around the door frame and looked at me. 
My stomach churned. 
"Of course not. Dirty old pirates? I don't think so." I said.
"I would hope not." And with that, I left. 

I met Nickolas by the fence, right where I told him to. 
"Good evening." He said, and smiled greatly.
"Good evening, Nickolas." I smiled back.
"Are you ready to practice your sword fighting skills?"
"I've never been more ready." I responded.
Then, we were off to an abandoned blacksmith's shop. He handed me a silvery, gleaming sword... It was much different looking in person than that in books. 
believe it or not, I actually caught on pretty fast. Nickolas was impressed. We practiced for three hours, when at last, I decided to go back home. I'm sure my family would be wondering where I am now. 
"Thank you, Nickolas." I told him, while handing him his sword.
"Of course. Will I see you tomorrow?" He asked with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.
"Yes." I smiled, turned, and walked home.

I waltzed into the door with utter confidence. My mother smirked at me.
"What are you so giddy about?" She asked with a sly expression.
"Oh, no reason. I'm just happy, I guess. I had a great day."
"That's nice to hear. Did you meet a boy?" She asked, her eyebrow cocked.
"No, why would you think that?"
"I haven't ever seen you this way. You're cheeks are as red as a rose!"
"It's hot outside, mother."
"Alright. But if I found out who this boy is, you best let me meet him."
I rolled my eyes. "There is no boy!" I walked up to my room, smiling and slightly blushing, knowing I had told a minor fib to my mother. 

I did everything from excelling majorly in my sword fighting skills, how to take and store forbidden treasure, running from Kings' guards and how to distract them, scrounging for food, taking hostages (Only when needed), and to make fake identities in to come in handy in cases of extreme peril. I was ready..... 

A/N 

Short chapter, I know... Hopefully chapter 7 will be longer. I would love feedback if any of you would like to give me your thoughts so far!