Did You Miss Me?

Ruby's P.O.V

She took her time looking through the things that had been emptied out of the boxes. She chose a few pairs of shorts, pants, some tops, she also found a couple of dresses that might become useful, more makeup, razors, boots, heels, bras and panties, a case of beer and a few other things. It was all too much to carry in her arms so she found an old canvas landry cart to put it in. When it was all loaded she pushed it down the halls until she came to the room that Negan had said would be hers.

The room is nice in her opinion. This will be the first time that she has actually had a room that she could call her own. Growing up she had shared a room with her cousin Sarah and when she moved out it was her roommate Ashley and from there Jason. The room contains a roomy looking bed, two tall dressers, a small desk, a kitchenette, and a connecting bathroom. There is a window without curtains that looks out over the main yard of the compound. The bed looked so comfortable and she wanted to lay down but she knew that if she did, there would be no getting back up for the night. She had not slept in an actual bed since leaving Jason's house, right before the apocalypse.

She hurried herself along with unloading the laundry cart and pushed it back out into the hall. Instead of pushing the cart back she decided that she should take a shower, she needed to wash off today's dirt and sweat and she wanted to get ready for bed. She quickly grabbed a black pair of sleeping shorts and a long sleeve, button up, black sleeping shirt. She unpacked the shampoo and body wash from her backpack, grabbed a towel from the shelf and turned on the shower before undressing to step in.

After her shower Ruby dried off, put on the new night clothes and stopped to look at herself in the mirror.

The girl looking back at her was one that she almost had forgotten even existed. She felt clean, comfortable and even tho she had fought with Dwight, she even felt safe. All thanks to the smartass yet generous and very handsome leader of this group, Negan. After drying her hair and walking back into her room there was a knock on the door. She walked barefooted across the cool tile floor and opened the door to find him standing in the hall with his barbwire wrapped bat resting on his shoulder.

 She walked barefooted across the cool tile floor and opened the door to find him standing in the hall with his barbwire wrapped bat resting on his shoulder

"Hey there Princess, did you miss me? I missed you." He chuckles and waits for her to invite him in.

Negan's P.O.V.