02

↠ l u k e ↠

"It's time to fuck shit up."

Oh, no.

Oh, no no no.

I knew that Quinn was going to pull some crazy antic of hers from the moment she walked through the door. That's just who she is. My mom always warns me about kids like her - that they're going to ruin my life if I start hanging out with people like her.

Well, it's true; she's Quinn. Everybody knows Quinn. She's a fuckin' gorgeous disaster, that's what she is.

Quinn is going to do something, something bad; and by the looks of it, no one is going to stop her. Is it up to me to stop her? Well, I hope not, she's pretty reckless. Likes to play by her own rules kind of girl, you know? She's not going to listen to me, or any one else, for that matter.

The rest of the guys seem to not being paying attention to Quinn, they're still whispering to each other. God, do they not care at all that this girl is going to ruin every other Saturday for all of us? They just don't care, I don't know. Maybe Quinn is just a figure of my imagination, and I'm going insane. Well, the only way to figure that out is to touch her and make sure she's actually there. That doesn't seem like an option.

Quinn paces the front of the room, a devillish grin upon her face. Every footstep feels like we're closer to watching a baby being born, for the second time. I gulp, putting my hands on the desk. Hestiantly, I stand, and Quinn turns to face me. No turning back now, this is life or death for Luke Hemmings.

"And what exactly are you going to do?" I managed to say, trying to sound more confident than I was. I'm not going to lie; Quinn scares me a little, ever since she lit a girls hair on fire freshman year because they got into some big fight and she called Quinn a whore, and Quinn got a little pissed, so to say. I've stayed away from her ever since. Guess I can't stay away from her now.

She smirks, shrugging. "Fuck shit up."

"Well what kind of shit are you gonna fuck up?" I wasn't expecting those words to leave my mouth but they did.

"Everything," she said, placing a finger on the desk. Her eyes roam the desk and its contents, probably seeing what is a possibility to destroy.

"And get us all another week of fuckin' Saturday detention? Is that your intention, Quinn?" I walk closer to her, I'm not afraid of her. Okay, I lied, I am; but I can pretend I'm not and I'll be fine.

She stares up at me and grimaces, moving ever closer. I can feel her breathe against my face. She practically spits in my face as she speaks.

"Listen here... kid," she says, making it obvious that she doesn't know my name. I smirk a little; this is fun. Messing with her. Scary, too, but what's life with about a little fun?

She notices the smirk that is on my face quickly, and I'm afraid that she'll smack it off my face.

"Yeah, I don't know your name. Not a problem, since your mom probably sews it on the waistband of your underwear," she looks at her nails and laughs at herself, as one girl in the back giggles until her friend smacks her, and she stops.

It's the first time I've noticed these girls since I walked into detention; yeah, maybe a few glances here and there but no real communication. I look at them for a minute and then I recognize them; Marykate and Ayu. They're those kind of best friends that are so similar, you know? Like, you're talking to them and then you forgot which one you're talking to because they're so similar? That's them.

"Luke Hemmings," I formerly introduced myself, a cheesy smile upon my face.

"Listen here, Hemmings. I don't like you, alright? I don't like any of you, you understand?" She glares at the rest of the people in the room, pointing at them all.

"Well we don't like you back!" Mikey shouts.

"Can you guys please shut up? I really don't want to watch the video again." Emily Sanders speaks for the first time, looking at Quinn and I and around at everyone else.

"It's not like you won't be seeing it when you are going into labor with some dickhead's baby," Quinn mumbles under her breath, and I admit I laugh, a little harder than I should. Quinn sends a grim smile in my direction.

"So, Luke Hemmings, you don't want me fucking shit up, huh?" Quinn says, pacing in circles around the desk. I'm about to reply but it's already too late. She lays a finger on a picture frame, probably a photograph from Mr. Henry's trip to some expensive ass tropical island last year, and pushes it off the desk, letting it to drop onto the ground. It breaks and the glass breaks, pieces laying everywhere.

Silence, for about twenty-seven seconds. Everyone just sits, looking at the broken pieces on the floor. Maybe if I look at it long enough it will magically fix itself? Six seconds later I realize that I'm not Harry Potter because the pieces of glass sit there, not moving an inch. And I'm not going to do a fuckin' spell or whatever, I bet half the kids here already think I'm crazy.

"Well, we're fucked," Michael says, breaking the silence.

"Totally, completely fucked," Ayu agrees, sending a small smile in Michael's direction.

"Prepare to see a living human being pushed out of a woman's vagina," Marykate laughs softly as Ayu grimaces and smacks her friend on the arm, again.

"Damn, guys, it's a freakin' picture frame. He can buy a new one for, like, seven dollars. Big fuckin' whoop. Now, grow a pair, all of you, and come break some more shit with me." Quinn says, waving at everyone to come up to the desk with her. No one does, everyone just shifts uncomfortably in their seats. Ashton and Calum send me glances telling me to sit my ass down, but in all honestly I'm too scared to. One wrong move could lead to..well, getting my hair set on fire? Yeah, not feeling it.

"Well." Quinn walks back over to me. "I see that all of you are pussies and aren't going to have a little fun, but Hemmings here has stepped up to the plate."

Alright, wasn't expecting that to come out of her mouth. "W-what?" I stuttered.

"You and I, Luke, we're gonna be badass together, right?"

"I guess so?"

"Great. Let's go fuck up shit together."