CHAPTER 1

Hey loveys... If u didn't read my authors note, I suggest  you do please....

              😝😝Enjoy😝😝
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

         KATE'S P.O.V

"why are you late?." Mr green asked.  He was the manager of were I worked.  He is always a happy man...... But now he,  kinda,  doesn't look happy...  Well that's because I was late.

" I'm so sorry sir,  I...I...I was... I... Uh...  I missed  the bus to come to work so I had to.. Uhm... Walk "  I said.  And yep that was all true.

He didn't look satisfied with my response, but then he smirked.
He sighed
" just try and not be late again, cause this is my second warning to you I believe... Next time I  won't be very nice and I'll immediately fire you Ms Hudson.   Understood." he asked and I nodded my head.

" good, now resume with work please " he ordered.

Yes its true, I haven't been a good waitress lately...  I started waking up late and missing the bus.. I don't know what got to me.

My name is Kate... Kate Hudson ,  and as white as that may sound I am a black 22 year old woman.
I don't really have friends, but I talk to my colleagues.. I also don't have family... Well I do but... Well....  I RAN away from home.

Let me tell you a little something about my family.
Well, we were once a perfect family. My old school friends would be jealous of my parents.
I was an only child so life was even better for me.  Even when they had divorced... My dad would still visit me since I lived with my mom. But things changed once mom got a new boyfriend.. He wasn't bad looking, but my dad was more handsome, anyway, dad stopped visiting after that and I never saw him again, mom started ignoring me and her boyfriend started abusing me. his name was frank.  Frank Williams.  He was the worst......  I don't really want to get into detail so.... Yeah

Anyway after I ran away from home, I rented a shared apartment... How did I get the money? ... I stole it from my mother and Frank. My roommates name is Cindy, and she is one heck of a gal, partying almost every night, living life carefree... 

" so, what did you do this time? " Stephanie one of my colleagues asked.

"  I... Uh.. I was late " I said, giving her a shaky smile. She smiled back and said
" well you better get to work before he turns green. " she said and we both laughed.

I started off with wiping the empty tables.

After I was done wiping tables I took my notepad, and pen and went straight to a couple that had just entered.

" welcome to steakhouse, table for two?" I asked,  and they both nodded. They sat down and I handed the menu to them and then gave them some space to think about what they wanted to  order.

After a minute or two I went back  to go take their orders.

" good evening my name is Kate and I'll be your waitress,  may I take your orders. " I said smiling.

The lady smiled back at me.

" hmm,..I'll have the steak and rice with gazal soup. " the man said.

" oh make that two please. " She said. I quickly jolted down what they had said.

" and your drinks?  " I asked.

" just make it, two red wines please " the man said.I nodded and went to make their orders.

I seriously didn't feel like working today. 

After a minute or two their orders were done.  I grabbed the food and and drinks, and went towards my customers table..  Please don't fall... Please don't fall.   I mumbled to myself.

And luckily I didn't fall.  I have always been clumsy. So I was trying NOT to be clumsy.

" here you go " I said handing their order to them.

*******************************
" bye Stephanie, see you tomorrow. " I said.

I was finally going to rest...  It was really late now, about eight o' clock in the evening.
I am just going to go eat cereal and sleep, I wasn't in the mood of making anything...  Since I was the one who always cooked for my roommate. Cindy was always living life with no stress. Apparently her parents had kicked her out of their mansion cause they wanted her to be 'independent'.  but so far they keep on giving her money every month,  and she just keeps on throwing party's . 

Wow it was really dark outside. I could barely even make out the figures that kept on passing me.  And that made me uncomfortable, cause what if frank kidnaps me!! 

Stop it Kate!! 

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hey guys...  How did you like my first chapter... Dont forget to vote and comment.

Oh and don't forget Kate is a black / dark skinned girl.  I am not being racist by the way....

Oh and you guys might be confused by her accent. Please,  I know she is black American but she is one of those girls who grew up in a white area.  So her accent won't be black American. Thank you.
😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘