Red Door Yellow Door

Have you ever wanted to communicate with the spirit world, or even just experience something abnormal without using hazardous methods of divination? Are you too afraid to try out Ouija boards and spirit games? Well, you could try something that could be explained as either hypnosis, or even astral projection, without as much danger. This 'something', is a game called Red Door, Yellow Door. It involves two people working together to achieve an occurrence that is both exhilarating in its results and horrifying in what you could find within the darkest corners of your destination.

Red Door, Yellow Door is a 'game' where you need at least two people, although more can join in as well. Even though there is not exactly a limit on the number of people, it is recommended to keep it small. If the group is too large, it will just be a lot more challenging to chant the words needed to put your main subject of the game into the state of mind that is required for the game. Second, the subject being put under needs to be relaxed and not be anxious, afraid, etc. If their emotions are elevated too high, they can not go under and go through with the rest of the game. That is really all you need to play the game.

This game is really simple to start, and here is how to do it. First, you have to have two people, and these two have to decide which roles they will play. The subject is the one who gets to experience the whole thing, who sees everything within the trance, or the OBE (Out of Body Experience). The guide is the one who leads the person through the entire thing, making sure that the subject is safe and sound through the phenomenon. Both roles are very important, considering that if the guide messes up, this could cause fatal consequences for the subject.

When it is decided who will be who, the subject needs to lay there head within the lap of the guide. Once they are comfortable, the subject needs to completely relax. As noted before, you have to be calm for this to work to its full potential. Once the subject is comfortable, the guide rubs their temples while the subject holds their arms straight up in the air. This is to know when they are within the 'game'. Once they both start doing these two things, you (and anyone within the room observing all of this) must start to chant "red door, yellow door, any other color door". Once the arms of the subject have went down, you have to stop chanting and began asking them questions. The questions usually involve where they are at, how many doors they see, how they feel, etc. Once they are under, it is all about following the rules.

Rule number one: if you encounter people within this 'game', you must not interact with them. Most of the people will try to trick you or even harm you.

Rule number two: immediately leave a room if there are clocks present. The clocks can trap you, and the guide will not be able to wake up the subject.

Rule number three: is more of a choice than a rule, but it is still important to the game. The rule is that is it better to go up than it is to go down. Simply put, if you come to stairs, only go on them if they go up.

Rule number four: light tends to be better than dark. If you have one door that is a dark color, and another that is a light color, always go with the lighter color.

Rule number five: if you come across a room with no doors, you must leave as quickly as possible, otherwise, you will be trapped forever within the session.

Rule number six: if you die in the game, you die in real life as well.

Rule number seven: if you encounter a man in a suit, you must leave the room or wake up immediately. He is a bad omen within this 'game'.

The final rule: if you need to wake up, the guide may get rough with you depending on how deep you go under.

Overall, this is an interesting game to try out, if you are brave enough. I have done it myself a couple of times, but only acting as the guide. I heard a lot of strange things about the person, and I believe that is it a form of hypnosis. I have never been put under, and I don't think I could, but the ones who I have put under had very interesting experiences. All I ask is if you do slide through the doorways of your mind, heed all of the rules and remember the chant..."red door, yellow door, any other color door..."