One.

Alexander K.

I sighed in defeat as I stepped out of the automobile. The sun grazed my shiny forehead causing me to readjust my eyes. I looked at the building that stood before me, Mavericks Facility Camp: Camp For the Injured. The name was very unusual l admit, but this is what I'd have to be working with the whole summer. My bummed out ass father assigned me this job since, and I quote "need to get out and help others" for the summer. I just did it because he'd give me a little extra money since this job wouldn't.

I grabbed my suitcase which was loaded with clothes and other materialistic items. I began walking and was met with a broad Caucasian woman. She greeted me with a smile and a handshake. I greeted her back but did not shake her hand.

"Well hello there. Im guessing you're.. she took a glance at her clipboard. Alexander Kingstons?"

"Yes Ma'am." I looked down at my Sk8 Hi Vans.

"Oh great. Well let me show around and to your patient." She began walking so I followed her. duh.

"So here at Mavericks, it's basically a camp where people volunteer to help the injured or mentally challenged people. It's only a camp that opens during the summer, considering its only a summer job." I nodded and continued to listen to her talk while I looked at the huge courtyard.

"You share a cabin with your patient so if anything happens you can just call the main office or help them with the problem." She pointed to a large room filled with pictures of bald men and a large dining table with a gold chandelier in the middle. I had to admit the place was pretty fancy.

"Next is the cabins. Some cabins are isolated, others not. You get a cabin number and a key to it. Oh! And yeah when I say cabins they aren't "real cabins" they just called them that. Trust me I know, it's very confusing."

"Looks like here is your cabin. Your patient should be in here unpacking or anything like that. In the cabins are schedules posted up on the wall. Your patient name is Riley Rosebud. He's a teen who got in a fatal car crash and the car crash made him break a arm, fracture one of kneecaps, and his speech is impaired. He's taking classes for it, but as of right now he still stutters a lot." She frowned and handed me the key.

"Hope you enjoy Mavericks Alexander." She gave me a brief smile and I returned it and walked up to the cabin.
I guess this is it. I thought in my head.

I opened the cabin door and was met with an boy who was still unpacking while sitting down in a wheelchair

"Hey, um I'm guessing you're Riley?" I mentally palmed my face, of course it is you dweeb.

"Y-Yeah." he made eye contact with me and began strolling closer to me, I furrowed my eyebrows when he reached up and touched my jawline. My jawline was sharp as hell though not even joking.

"S-sorry, you're v-very pretty." Riley cheeks heated up and I chucked and mumbled a low 'thank you.

I threw my suitcase on the king sized bed and looked at the schedule.

Monday- Thursday,
clean up any unwanted trash around cabins. At 7:30, make sure you and your patient are met at the dining table. 8:30, a word from the cabins preacher. 10 o'clock, go to your cabins. 11:00, lights out.

I sighed and thought, well, here goes nothing, Mavericks, you're my new home for the next 3 months.

first chapter omg it sucked lowkey

excuse errors (although, I shouldn't have any)

first ever book and bxb book like comment and vote pls and thanks ❤️

xoxo