[nine] Thursday, March 28

[9] Thursday, March 28

                The ninth time I see Bubblegum Boy, Daniel is with him and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t like how my heart sounds so loud and my stomach feels funny whenever I’m alone around Bubblegum Boy lately. To be honest, it scares me.

                “Nick!” he squeals, running into the aisle I’m shelving in and throwing his tiny arms around my legs. Grinning I duck down to his level I hug him back.

                “Hey, Daniel. Did you like the chocolate I gave you?” His face lights up and he nods enthusiastically.

                “Yeah, how did you know M&M’s are my favoritest? I love them,” he declares just as a beanie-clad Bubblegum Boy appears at the entrance of the aisle. I swallow and stand up, pulse increasing rapidly.

                “Hey,” I throw him a faltering wave and watch as a slow smile spreads across his face. “What?” I ask, crossing my arms.

                “You greeted me. Like a normal person,” he shrugs, shoving his hands into his pockets and I scowl, butterflies long forgotten.

                “Are you calling me unnormal?” I demand and he laughs. Daniel’s turned away, surveying the different cereals.

                “I believe that the correct term is abnormal.”

                “Shut up,” I glare but his laughter just grows until he sidles up and pulls me into his side with one arm.

                “I’m just kidding, calm down Bean Girl.” I freeze instantly at his touch and he notices. “What, aren’t we past this whole, I hate your guts, don’t come near me phase? Aren’t we friends, Bean Girl?” he asks and I suck in air the best I can.

                “No,” I say slowly, voice hoarse. “No, we are not friends, Bubblegum Boy.”

                “Okay, well you’re my friend and that’s all that matters, isn’t it?” He smiles and I roll my eyes, finding the willpower to pull away. Suddenly Daniel appears and sticks his head between us.

                “Nick’s my friend, too, Derek!” He exclaims and I laugh.

                “Yeah, see this, this right here?” I crouch down and move a finger between Daniel and I. “This is true friendship. What we have right here?” Now I move it between Bubblegum Boy and I. “This isn’t.”

                “Fine,” he laughs, unbelieving. “But just so you know, I know that I make you all hot and bothered.” I choke on my own spit, eyes wide.

                “Excuse me?” Bubblegum Boy continues laughing at me and I whack his chest. “You don’t make me hot and bothered! That’s gross! You’re gross! Go away!” I whine, making him laugh harder. Somewhere in between Daniel had started giggling too, for what reason I had no idea.  “You sir, are a dickhead,”’ I point at Bubblegum Boy and he slaps a hand to Daniel’s ears with a Shh!  directed at me. Right. Daniel. “Go!” I shove him out of the aisle. “Take your cereal and go. And don’t come back!” He stumbles out of the aisle, stupid grin on his face and Daniel following.

                “But then who’s going to make you all hot and bothered?” He feigns innocence.

                “Shut up!” 

A/N:

So I logged on today and literally my entire notification thing was filled with votes and comments and I swear to god guys, I nearly cried. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU. 

Lol I dunno what the hell I did, but it worked. SO HERE'S A THANK YOU CHAPTER THAT I DECIDED TO UPLOAD A DAY AFTER I UPLOADED THE LAST CHAPTER I HOPE YOU LIKE IT ENOUGH TO 

Vote? Comment?

-Nova loves you.