Business Partner

-CHAPTER TWENTY-

Amber's P.O.V:

Carl contacted me just over a week after I first offered him some financial help. I agreed but he told me he didn't want to simply borrow money, but instead he offered me a proposal that I buy half the club and run it with him. He said he knows I cared about it as much as he did and couldn't think of anyone else he'd want to be partners with. I accepted hi proposal straight away and so we got all the legal stuff organized as soon as we could and within a month I was co owner or Busbys.

As far as Jensen and I go things have been easy as he took Danneel away on vacation a few days later, but they are due back this afternoon which I am not looking forward to. The only reason I have gotten through it so far was because he hasn't been here. I don't know how I'm going to handle seeing him again, seeing them together. I just I don't know what I'm going to do.

I haven't however forgotten about that night, well before Danneel came to the door. I could never forget about that night. It's all I have to hold on to.

I was sitting in the lounge that evening after dinner, with my guitar in hand when I heard a car pull up outside. I heard muffled voices as car doors open and close. I got to my feet and snuck a peek outside. It was Jensen and Danneel home. I also noticed Danneel now had a small bump showing. I soon realized Jensen was looking over so I quickly hurried away hoping he didn't see me. God he looked so good. I noted. Agh this was going to be torture. I Sighed Placing my guitar back on the stand I grabbed my phone, keys and purse and headed out the door. I needed to get out of here. But when I went out Jensen and Danneel were still outside gathering their belongings out the car.

"Hey Amber." Danneel said with a wave.

"Hey guys." I smiled not daring to look at Jensen. "How was the vacation?" I asked.

"Amazing, it was so perfect, I feel like a new woman." Danneel smiled snuggling into Jensen. "How are you doing?" She asked.

"Me I'm uh good. Just heading out to busby's." I said pointing to my car. "I actually became equal owner recently so yeah, that's been keeping me busy."

"Wow look at you miss business woman." Danneel laughed. "That's awesome."

"How's the little bump doing?" I asked motioning to her belly.

She rubbed it smiling. "Isn't it cute. Baby is doing great. I'm super tired, all the time, but it's all good." She informed me.

"Aw well I'm glad to hear everything is good, but I should really get going and leave you to get sorted. I'll catch up later through yeah?"

"For sure, bye." Danneel replied. I finally looked to Jensen who was just watching me. I flashed him a weak smile before getting in my car and taking a deep breath. I glanced in my rear view as I drove off to see Jensen still watching me.

When I arrived at the bar Carl and Nikki were behind the bar.

"Hey you, what you doing here?" Carl asked.

I shrugged. "Just wanted to come see you guys." I said.

"Jensen home??" Nikki asked as I perched myself on the stool. I nodded. "Sorry hun, I know it can't be easy."

"I'll be fine." I smiled.

"Drink?" I shook my head.

"Actually could I borrow you while your here?" Carl asked.

"Sure." I replied and we stepped out back. "What's up butter cup?" I asked as I took a seat int he staff room.

"I had an idea to bring more people in."

"Shoot."

"An open mic night. Were you can come in and do anything you like not just sing like karaoke night."

"That could work, but open mic nights could also draw only a certain group in namely poets, they flock to open mic nights and that would mellow the bar tone and were trying to liven things up."

"Hmm good point. Well another idea I had was when I was watching well it's not important what I was watching but the idea is to bring in the younger ones right students spend fortunes on alcohol so how about making this into like a student bar. We are after all close to the university and we can have themed weekends. Like each weekend there is a new theme."

"Could be on to something there students love the oppurtunity to dress up and party. But if we want to atteact students we really do need to concider a revamp of the place."

"It is a bit stale right?" I shrugged.

"A little."

"Maybe a student bar isn-"

"Don't worry about money for the refurb. If you really want to go ahead with this idea I would be more than happy to fund it."

"I couldn't expect you to fund it alone, and it's just we'd have to close to do the refurb and can we afford that?"

"Carl firstly this is half my club too and I've no problem with paying for the refurb alone and secondly yeah we'll have to close but I think were sinking more money being open with no customers than we would be to close up shop for a few weeks." I explained.

"Why don't we sit and do some sums and see how things would work out?"

"Sure." So we spent the next few hours working things out and came to the decision we were going ahead.

The next day Nikki and I set about doing a survey where we headed to the uni and asked the students what would make the bar a place they would come. Most said the same. A place where they could chill, dance have a good time and party. When asked about themed nights we got more positive responses than negative so we would keep that in mind. Thought from the other answers I think maybe a themed night once a month would be better than every week. I'd run it by Carl and see what he thought.

"Well I'm off to find me a new job." Nikki said.

I laughed. "Niks you're so dramatic, you don't need a new job you have the bar. You're getting paid vacation while the refurb is underway and if you would like extra cash I could do with cover at the store as this will keep me busy."

"Would your boss go for that?" She asked.

"I could ask. I mean it's not a hugely exciting job., but it pays well and it's easy enough to do."

"Sure I could always do with extra cash."

"I'll ask when I go to work tomorrow." I said.

"Thanks, appreciate it." She smiled as I pulled into the drive where Jensen was mowing the front lawn topless.

"Oh god." I sigh.

"Envision him as an ogre." Nikki said which made me laugh.

"My imagination isn't that good. I said looking over at him until he turned around and looked at me where I quickly looked away and got out the car.

"SO yeah that's the plan for the club and well, I think it's going to be.-" I rambled on looking to Nikki as we both head into the house.

"What was that?" She asked.

I shrugged. "thought if I pretended to be caught up in talking to you he wouldn't try and talk to me." I said Nikki laughed. "It's not funny."

"I'm sorry hun I know it's not." She placed her bag on the couch. "Hey do you fancy going out tonight?" She asked.

"You know what, I do. I need to find me anew man and move on."

"Here's to moving on." Nikki cheered.