•Chapter Three•

Madelynn's POV

    I was kinda hoping that he'd say he doesn't want me to show him around today. I was hoping to just hole up in my room and avoid human interaction today.
    But alas here I was waiting for the new kid to pack up his stuff so I could show him around.
    "So where are we going first?"
    He asked me, jerking me out of my trance.
    "Oh um well I guess I'll take you to town center and we can work our way out from there." I said, grabbing my keys out of my bag, and slinging my backpack over my shoulder. We walked out to my black truck. It's one of my most prized possessions.
    "MCR huh? I'm like them too, but personally like TØP better."
    "Oh um that's cool..." I said starting the car and turning on the radio. Death of a Bachelor was on, so I turned it up. He started singing along quietly while looking at his phone.
    "So um we'll go to a few shops maybe a cafe, then I'll show you the little hidden secrets in this town."
    "Okay, sounds good."
I looked down and noticed my sleeves were scrunched up, I quickly pulled them down and turned up the radio, Young and Menace was on now.
We finally turned into the parking lot neat all the shops and I got out and locked the car behind me.
"So... where do you wanna go first?" I asked. Fumbling to but my keys away.
"Well you're the one showing me around aren't you. Where do YOU wanna go?"
"I guess we can go to a few shops first."
"Okay, sounds good to me." He said, smirking at me.
I wasn't in the mood for being sarcastic so I just looked down and stared at my shoes.

>•< Time skip brought to you by the assholes of the world >•<

I sat down at the little table in the cafe. I always come here during my lunch breaks.
"So wadda you want?" I asked him. Putting down my menu.
"I don't need anything..." he said quietly.
"What do you want... I'm getting you something wether you like it or not.
"Hello my name is Annabelle and I'll be talking your order today. What can I get you?"
"Annabelle you don't have to be formal with me, you know that." I laughed, bumping into her a bit. "But I'll have my normal double shot vanilla latte, but I'll also have an artichoke cheddar quiche and a chocolate mousse, and he'll have a mint mocha and some lemon bread."
"Okay I'll have that for y'all in a few minutes." I watched her walk away and turned to Daniel.
"H-how the hell did you know what I like?"
"Meh you seem like a mint chocolate and lemon guy." I smiled, pulling out my phone.
"Okay I need to ask you something."
"Ask away." I said sarcastically.
"Why artichoke and cheddar??" I mean like why ARTICHOKE?"
I burst into laughter and after I calmed down I answered him. "I grew up being force fed artichoke and cheddar quiche as a kid, so I guess it just kinda grew in me. Now, why mint chocolate and lemon?"