[Two] Pregnancy

You aimed to wait out the time by watching television, thinking the time might go faster if you had something to occupy you. In all reality, it actually couldn't have gone by any slower. This is all you have wanted since you were a little girl and it is at last coming together, with the help of a very good friend.

The millisecond the alarm you set went off, you popped out of your seat and scurried off to the bathroom; leaving the alarm long forgotten. You abide at the doorway, terrified to look at it.

The two of you have attempted this a couple times now, each time coming up short. The pregnancy tests were always negative; which is the opposite of what the two of you want. It is too easy to become disheartened about situations like this. You might break down if there isn't a positive result this time, instantly assuming you can't have a baby due to some condition inside your body. You've had such bad luck in the baby department in the past, it wouldn't be a surprise. You can't bare the thought of being unable to have your own child, at Kuroo's fault or your own. You declared if the test doesn't come out positive today, you and Kuroo, both, are going to visit the doctor. Though, you shake the thoughts out of your head, praying there is a baby this time. This is no time to think about the negatives.

You wearily grant the first step inward into the bathroom and dully position one foot in front of the other, gaining in on the pregnancy tests situated on the counter. You find yourself shutting your eyes once they came into view. You don't think you can handle another negative result. Before once again opening your eyes, you release an unfathomable breath between your lips to settle you down. You peek through the spaces of the fingers over your eyes at the four results.

Positive.
Positive.
Positive.

Positive.

You give the collection of tests all a once over to assure you didn't just read what you wanted to see. You pinch yourself to confirm you are awake. They really all say positive? This isn't a dream? You switch on the faucet to splatter the water onto your face. You grant the tests one more look for assurance before breaking down, for once, of happiness.

Tears bubble into your [e/c] eyes as you gape at the positive pregnancy tests. The domination of relief and joviality extend throughout your entire body. Hands are left shaking as they advance upwards to pause on the tops of your head. Your breathing evolves to ragged breaths before erupting into a fit of wails.

There is a minuscule embryo flourishing inside your stomach. They are depending on you to nourish them until they're proficient. They could be a boy or girl, you can't care less. You have fulfilled your one wish, the only one you have ever pleaded for. The one that was the wedge between you and happiness. It's all united as one now. There is no more wedge. Only you and a gorgeous, gorgeous, minuscule embryo. The one who will make your days luminous from today on. The reason to be happy.

You take in a dense sniffle through your nose. You don't think you have cried as hard as this even on your most depressing days as you have at this moment. How can anyone not bawl tears of joy at the sight of a positive pregnancy test? You are harvesting the ultimate gift you can imagine, the gift of life. A beautiful baby who will grow up to become a member of society. More importantly, though, a baby that is yours.

You situate your hand over your stomach. It's time to start investing in self-love. You have a minuscule baby to take care of now.  And you love them with every fiber of your being already.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••