Chapter 3: Surviving

I woke up groggily, feeling Dominic's soft breath against my neck. I opened my eyes and noticed that everyone except Tyrell was asleep, the boy looking down at Trey who was sleeping peacefully with his head in his lap. I was curled up with Dominic on the floor, stretched out and his head resting on my shoulder.

I smiled faintly at him, running my fingers softly through his hair. I looked up at Tyrell and asked, "How long have I been asleep?" He looked at me and thought for a second, frowning. "It's hard to keep track of time here, but I think about two days," he said and shock filled me for a second. "I was unconscious for two days?" I asked and he nodded.

"Ban and Zee contacted me and Ryo, said that they would be here in a day or two. They're getting as much help as they can before they come storming in. A couple guards tried to get through the door yesterday, but didn't do much except scare Aalok and Barid," he said and I nodded, holding tighter to Dominic.

Two more days, then we could get out of here. I would set up special wards around the house, though we'd probably move. Thankfully, my mum knew my ability and had done all she could to help me control it and keep it hidden. She supported me in every way, and if needed, she would help Dominic and I find a new home, one away from all of the memories.

I stayed up the rest of the night, telling Tyrell to go to sleep. I sipped at a water bottle, noticing that there were only two left - not including the one I was currently drinking from - and frowned. I would need to do another run soon, probably today.

A few hours later Dominic stirred and sat up, blinking sleepily. His hair was dirty, but still curling nicely and I loved the look on him. "Paxton?" he mumbled and I ran a hand through his curls. "Right here, Bear," I replied softly and his eyes blinked sleepily at me. "You're awake!" he gasped and I laughed lightly as he sat up quickly, unable to take his eyes from me.

"Yes, love, I am," I said amused and he flushed, looking overjoyed. He looked around quickly before leaning down and pressing his mouth against mine, or first kiss since that one almost three months ago when I was taken. I deepened the kiss and pulled him against me, enjoying the warmth of his mouth against mine.

I tangled my hands in his hair and made him submit under me, his body immediately going lax against mine. He let out a quiet moan as I pulled at his hair and I smiled internally, proud that I'd made that noise come from him.

Before it went too far, I pulled away and pulled him against my chest. My heart was being rapidly and I knew he could hear it since his ear was pressed to the spot. He was breathing a little erratically and I ran a hand over his spine to calm him down.

"Bear, would you like to come with me to the kitchen and get some more food and water? We're running low," I asked softly and he frowned for a second before nodding. "It'll be safe right? You won't get hurt?" he asked and I kissed him gently before saying, "Nothing will hurt me, and nothing will even be able to look at you. You're going to stay safe, I'm going to stay safe, our friends are going to stay safe, we'll all be home before we know it."

He nodded slowly as he watched my face for a second before saying, "Okay." I smiled and sat up, pulling him with me. I looked around and noticed that Fabien was stirring, his arms tightly around Maylea who was still asleep.

"Peklo, could you tell the others that Ryo and I are going to get some food and water and will be right back if they wake up before we do get back?" I asked quietly and he nodded, stretching and looking around sleepily. I got up and stretched, my spine a little sore from where it was stretched out on the cement floor.

I moved to the doorway and readied my fire, feeling the water ripple behind me and knew that Dominic had his ability prepared too. "Love, you do know that you can just manipulate the water in a person's body right?" I asked, pausing before opening the door. Surprise appeared in his eyes as he thought about it before saying, "I never thought about it before. But I guess I could."