Chapter two

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I licked my lips and jumped out of bed.

"AYEEE momma! What's cooking?" I asked rubbing my hands together. She looked up and pointed the spatula at me.

"Boy! You can even say good morning? shame on you!" I looked up to see my grandmother cooking. I smiled goofily and hugged her, " why are you here?" I asked curious. She was about to tell me when I stole some bacon. She shook her head at me and continued cooking.

"Damn grandma you make the best food!" She laughed.

"You better watch your mouth boy! I may not be your real grandma but I can still punish you like one" I laughed and got another piece of bacon. My mom was adopted by grandma in Georgia. My mom would tell me stories about how my grandmother would put cornrows in her hair and the little kids would her 'ghetto girl.' My mom got married and then adopted me, along with my father. We were called the diverse family because my father was black.

"Ayee what's cooking?" My mom said as she came out of her room. I laughed when my grandma smacked her teeth.

"Y'all don't know how to say good morning?"

"Nope, we just shout around here" my mother said happily as she hugged me. I hugged her back and then diverted to my room. I saw a text on my phone.

'Hey white boi, I'm driving around..can I come ova?'

I sent a text back.

'Of course ;)'

I quickly sent a text of my address and got in some sweat pants and a shirt that was by Nike. I ran back out of my room and waited for her arrival.

"Who you looking for?" I jumped at my fathers voice.

"Kiki, she's this hot girl and dad let me tell when I say her ass is phat, I mean it's phat!" I said licking my lips.

My mom a plastic fork at me, "watch your mouth"

"That's my boy!" I gave my father a high five and went back to waiting for Kiki. It was 10 minutes since I sent her my text, I was about to text her when I heard the doorbell. I opened it to find Kiki wearing a high waisted skirt, a crop top with the word 'kiss' and those pink vans I saw yesterday. Her hair was at its natural point, it was a curly mane only it was combed to perfection.

"Hi Wyatt" she said shyly. I pulled her inside and introduced her.

"You are so pretty!" My mom exclaimed. "Wyatt was just talking about you actually. I swear he couldn't stop drooling." I rolled my eyes and lead her to the couch. She sat down next to me put I pulled her up onto my lap.

"So, um, there's a movie tonight and I was wondering if you would like to go on our first date?" she pulled on her hair nervously. I nodded and she smiled big, and hugging me.

"Cool, I'll come pick you up okay Wyatt?" she didn't even wait for an answer, "great! Bye Wyatt's family! You are all so wonderful." Before she ran out the door she kissed me on the cheek. "Later white boy"

"Is she a tramp?" My grandmother asked as soon as Kiki left the driveway.
I shook my head.

"Nah that girl is good 'ma" I said smirking a bit. "She's a virgin and she only dated few boys"

"Did you call you 'white boy'?" my mother asked.

"Yeah, I'm her first white boy" I said laughing. I ate more bacon. My dad slapped me on the back and smiles approvingly.

"That's my boy!"