002. your first gay panic

🌸 Call #1

HE CACKLES.

     Hiccup cackles when Merida finishes her tragic story. The motherfucker.

     "It's not funny!"

     "It kind of is, Merida." He stops laughing. "Also, why are you calling and telling me? Jack and I are dating, remember?"

     Oh my gods. "If you tell Jack, I swear on everything, I'll — "

     "Relax! I'm just saying she's taken up most of your mind already and it's amusing. It's so unlike you — you didn't even think to tell Rapunzel first."

     Hiccup has been her friend since childhood. They were pen pals and decided to meet on her sixteenth birthday. They stayed friends when Merida and her mother moved hundreds of miles across the sea and started this shop when she was eighteen. It took Hiccup and his boyfriend, Jack (whom Merida had only been communicating with via Skype until recently), about four to six years to follow.

     "She's probably being gross with Flynn," she says bitterly. Rapunzel and her boyfriend are by far the most lovey-dovey, disgusting pair she has ever seen in her life. God help her should Jack and Hiccup be the same now that they're within actual reach of each other again.

     Hiccup scoffs from the other line, and Merida returns to her topic.

     "You're not helping. That's not why I called you."

    "Sure, I am," he defends with enthusiasm. "You called me and let out your feelings of your first gay panic instead of bottling them up. Is it not relieving? You don't have to keep to yourself how 'utterly gorgeous, made of marble, like a celestial being in mortal form!' she is."

     Merida regrets her life decisions. "I didn't say that."

     "You said she's like the moon on a starless night." She could hear him smiling. "Who knew you had that in you, Mer? Hey! Maybe you can call her Freya?"

     "I'm not calling her Freya though, that's like deifying her." It leaves a weird taste in her mouth.

     "In your head I mean! Or just mine. Easier to have a nickname than 'pretty girl Merida's in love with.' I'm so witty."

     She'd glare at him if he can see her.

     "And smart enough to take this while Jack's in the shower," he adds proudly as a matter of fact. "You're welcome."

     She rolls her eyes. "Fuck this, I'm calling Rapunzel instead."

     "Ouch, but sure. Shouldn't you be handling the shop, though? It's past your break, I believe."

     "I work at a flower shop, Hiccup," she says, not bothering to re-elaborate. "Tell Jack to break up with you."

     "Bye, Merida!"

     She hangs up and begins planning the bouquet to be delivered tomorrow afternoon somewhere in the Arendelle Subdivision. The letter from earlier reads a kind of apology with a hint of flirtation. She tries not to let it affect her because pretty girls exist and they're allowed to have significant others.

     She continues planning and notices that the woman didn't leave any credentials too — not a name, number, or anything, and her mind goes back to that nickname. Well, it's not like they'd be seeing a lot from each other. Most of her regulars visit twice a month.

     What was Freya the goddess of, again?

_____________________________________

A/N: i forgot to mention there'd be hijack in this...only a little tho...i'll add it in the preamble after posting this lmao

"a flower arrangement made of cake....you mean a bo-cake?"

comments and votes are always appreciated!!