Chapter 7

I woke up a couple hours later in Luke's bed. At first, I was extremely confused. Luke didn't want me anywhere near him. He hated me in all senses of the word. I felt tears start to trail down my cheeks before I could stop them. This caused Luke to look up from where he was editing videos at his desk.

"Jai?" Luke asked, confident as to why I was crying.

"M'sorry. Give me a minute and I'll leave you alone." I whispered. Luke frowned at me.

"Jai, you need to stay in here a little longer. At least that's what I would do. Beau probably has a whole lecture prepared for you..." Luke advised.

"Why is Beau lecturing me?" I asked in confusion. Luke put whatever he was working on away and sat on his bed beside me.

"Jai, do you remember what happened before you passed out?" Luke asked.

"Vaguely." I replied. "It's kind of hazy, to be honest."

"You got high, kind of told Beau you wanted to die, and then Beau found a lot of drugs in your room." Luke summarized quickly. "I mean I'm mad at you right now, but even I wasn't prepared for that."

"That's just it!" I couldn't help but scream. "You don't believe me when you should. I would never try to take advantage of any girl, especially the one my twin brother loved."

Luke just rolled his eyes at me.

"Have you ever stopped to think, Jai! I'm not even mad you kissed her. I'm mad that you lied to me about it." Luke scoffed.

"I'm not lying, though!" I almost screamed. I stumbled off Luke's bed and ran back to my room.

I didn't know what else to do. I thought I knew Luke better than anyone and I thought he knew me better than anyone as well. I was horribly wrong, though. Luke didn't believe me when it truly mattered. 

"Jaidon Domenic Brooks!" I heard Beau's voice boom from behind me. I turned my heard to see the extremely angry face of my oldest brother.

"Hey Beau." I greeted sarcastically.

"Don't hey Beau me, Jai! I'm okay with you getting drunk more often than you should. I'm okay with you acting crazy and doing dangerous stunts. But I'm definitely not okay with you getting high or doing drugs at all!" Beau lectured me.

"Calm down, Beau!" I tried.

"No I won't! What would you have done if you had overdosed, Jai? That could of killed you!"

"So what? I'd be dead. That's better than living here with a twin brother who wishes you were dead." I screamed back.

"Luke doesn't want you dead." Beau said slowly.

"Yes, he does! Do you even realize how hard it is knowing that your twin brother, of all people, thinks that you're a liar and wants absolutely nothing to do with you? Well, I do. It hurts a lot. I die a little more every time Luke sends me a death glare or tells me that I'm a liar. The drugs were just helping me to cope with that." I reasoned.

"Well, what about what Luke saw? Imagine how he felt when he saw you kissing her."

"You are on his side." I whispered, taking a step back. "I..."

"Jai, man up already and just apologize to Luke." Beau sighed. "It's that simple."

I slowly backed away from my brother, before running as fast as I could and locking myself inside my bathroom. I felt Beau pounding in the door, but I couldn't be bothered by him.

"Leave already, Beau!" I yelled as loud as I could.

"What if I told you it wasn't Beau?" I heard Luke's voice ask.

"Go away, Luke!" I groaned.

"Let me in." Luke ordered instead of leaving like I wanted him to.

"Why? So you can yell at me some more?" I scoffed. "No thanks."

"Jai, come on. Please, for me." Luke begged. Against my better judgement I unlocked the door before resuming my position on the floor with my knees pressed up against my chest.

"It's open."

"Jai?" Luke burst in. "It's like I don't even know you anymore. Drugs?"

"To be fair, you never really knew me in the first place. You still think I'm lying." I sassed.

"That's because you are lying." Luke scoffed. "Maggie loved me, she would have never cheated on me."

"You know this wasn't the first time I've done drugs, right?" I asked, ignoring what he had said.

"What do you mean?" Luke gave me a questioning look.

"I've done drugs since before you even met Maggie. I was just able to stop for awhile, but thanks to you and your lack of trust I've hit my breaking point. I sunk back to that place where I got high just so I didn't have to feel the pain anymore. Why am I telling you this? You wouldn't even care if I died."

"Jai..." Luke breathed. "I never knew about that."

"Yeah, imagine that." I drawled, glancing over at the open window. My room was on the top floor. What would happen if I just jumped?

"There's a lot you never knew, Luke." I decided that now was as good as ever. Luke hated me and he would not try to stop me. I stood up and slowly walked over to the window as Luke started to talk again.

"What do you mean? You're confusing me, Jai." Luke's said slowly, before his eyes widened like he knew what I was about to do. Luke tackled me to the floor before I had time to register him move.

"Get off!" I screamed, harshly.

"Why? I don't think throwing yourself out a window is the best idea." Luke laughed humorlessly. "You can't run from the problems you created, Jai."

"Dying would be better than spending another second with you!"