Chapter 4

The lovely effect of the alcohol was gone as I felt the throbbing in my head spread, clouding the events which took place yersterday. A foul smell circulated the air making my nose scrunch up in disgust. I peered down and saw that I was still wearing my outfit from yersterday which had little yellow stains on it. Gross was all I could think, my normally straight dark brown hair were in knots. I was a mess.

I reluctantly pulled myself off the bed that Lucy no doubt put me into, my headache intensified causing me to squint, the light didn't help either. I reached for my phone and saw the 21 unread text messages from my mum and one from Lucy.

Gone to a party hope u don't mind left the door open lock it when u leave and throw the key in through the letter box
Love u xx
L

Not bothering to look at my mum's text messages, I checked the time 8pm. 8PM!!!!! I had to go home I'm surprised mum hadn't declared me missing yet. I rushed into the bathroom spraying perfume on my body, afterwards I combed my unruly hair and fixed it into a decent bun. My breath still stank and patches of sick were scattered on my clothes but I would have to come up with an explanation later.

I found myself in the cool air, inhaling deeply. My hands began to feel clammy and my heart was in my throat, I've never been in trouble before so what makes this time different. I just need to breath. In and Out, in and out.

***

Linda's P.O.V

My hands trembled as I picked up my glass of wine, I stared at the clock which hung gloriously on the wall. 9PM. The fear consumed me, my mind playing different scenarios in my head. The classical music helped calm my jitters, I would have to trust her. Calling the police will cause further harm than good, they're coming and we need to leave. My line of thought were interrupted as I heard knocking on the door.

Alexa's P.O.V

The door swung open revealing my mother, her eyes glistening with tears. Guilt building up, promising to devour every other emotion that traveled through my head.
She grabbed my shoulders tugging me towards her, comforting arms embracing my small frame.

"Are you ok?" Her eyes scanning my body.

"I'm fine" I mumbled

"I'm glad,  go have a shower and sleep tomorrow is going to be a long day"

I nod my head, making my way to my room, stunned by the reaction of my mum. A lot of unsaid words were left hanging in the air.
To my delight my bedroom was spotless no item out of place, three suitcases tucked into the corner. I felt a big lump in my throat, threatening sobs that were dying to be unleashed. But instead felt no speck of water in my brown orbes. Since the day dad died, my body stopped functioning. Biting my bottom lip I went to freshen up.

***

I was tucked into my bed eyeing the ceiling, dreading the day I would leave my home. My eyes gradually fluttered closed, I was plunged into an alternate world were everything hadn't changed.

                           Saturday

The next day came by quicker than I hoped, mum came in shaking me awake.

"Come on breakfast is ready, you need to get ready we're leaving in two hours"

"I'm up" I groaned

"Good I'll see you down in a few then"

I closed my eyes and slept for another hour not caring if we're late.

"ALEX!!" My mum exclaimed.

With that I scrambled out of bed, and headed for the bathroom slamming the door rattling the doorknob.

***

The taxi had arrived on time, the universe clearly hated me. My mum was loading the car as I was saying farewell to the memories I made in this house, I decided to leave my phone here I didn't like saying goodbyes or having to explain myself for that matter. I would just disappear, eventually they would forget me and my place would be filled in by the next IT girl.

"Honey it's time!" Her voice was so enthusiastic I wonder if this place ever meant anything to her.

***

The airport was busy today, different people hurrying to catch their plane, children exited to visit a new country their eyes sparkling with adventure.
We were due for boarding in a few minutes, my mum kept on droning on about things to do in Sydney, like I cared.

" Flight E742 is ready for boarding please make your way to the gate" His dead voice ringing around us.
Mum jumped up not wanting to be in a long cue, she gave our passports to the custom officers. The male who's name I believed was Marc gave me a crooked smile, making me scowl in response, taking my passport I marched after my mum.
The air hostesses welcomed us with bright smiles, I remember when I looked up to them.

I got the window seat as promised, this was my first time flying economy and I already felt uncomfortable. Mum was already settled in her seat flicking through the magazines, I tried to distract myself by sleeping. Lately the only way I could escape was by sleeping, I wish I could sleep for eternity.
___________________________

Hi my dear readers, sorry that I have lots of time skips I didn't want to hinder you guys with irrelevant details^^
If you guys liked it please tap the star on your screen.