Chapter 4 - Forbidden

Chapter 4

I wasn't sure if I heard it clearly, but my senses just became clearer and I was pretty sure that my life was really going to change. Were they going to take my father's name away from me and change it to Cullen? But it was pretty obvious that I didn't know them that much but they were taking me as a family. I was having a second thought about going here, but was it possible to have three thoughts at once?

"You need to stay here though," said the blonde-haired girl. Jacob glared at her like he knew what she was going to say, "You can't live with the dogs,"

"Dogs?" I asked her but she gave me a confusing look for an answer, like I was supposed to know something but I didn't. Was she saying that Jacob and Seth were dogs? I tried not to laugh because of my thought, but it really sounded funny.

"Shut up, Rosalie," Jacob backed her off. Rosalie, the blonde-haired girl just showed off her teeth but it didn't scare Jacob, not even a little bit. Now that I noticed, why did Jacob and Seth know about vampires? And how come they were not afraid of them? I wanted to ask so many questions and clear everything up, but having a mucous throat stopped me from asking.

"So...it's settled!" said the little-headed girl. She seemed excited that's why I smiled to tag along and not ruin her mood. "I'm having a new sister and a new fashion partner," she then came towards me and hugged me like I was really her blood-related sister who went missing a long, long time ago. What seemed funny was that, I let her hug me. Maybe being with the Cullen's would help me understand what I'd become. She introduced me to the other members of the family and she explained that all of them were couples, including Carlisle and Esme, the chestnut-haired girl. Rosalie and Emmett, the huge guy. Bella and Edward, I just found out that Edward could read minds and I tried to block my own mind because in some case, he must've been reading it. Alice, the little headed-girl and Jasper, the frizzy-haired guy.

I found out that they were all orphans. Alice insisted that she would lend me her clothes for now. Carlisle said that I would be staying at the vacant room that used to be a guest room. They also said that I needed to feel at home. When they heard my stomach growl, Esme went hurriedly to the kitchen and prepared me some food. They said Renesmee, Bella and Edward's daughter, also ate human food that's why they have their stock inside the refrigerator. Emmett explained to me the special abilities of a vampire, you could either run very fast, be strong and have another unique ability.

Rosalie toured me inside the house and I found dozens of graudation caps. I thought of how boring it was to repeat high school over and over again. Bella and Edward dropped out of school to raise Renesmee, I learned that Renesmee would be immortal after seven years. Rosalie, she looked petrifying but she's really sympathetic. Offering me to be toured around the house was flattering. When we finished touring the house, my dinner was ready. I hadn't even realized that it was evening already until I took a peek at the window. Things came by so fast and I hadn't even caught up with it. I ate my dinner and Renesmee joined me, she asked who I was and her parents explained it to her very well.

"Jacob also imprinted on Renesmee," Bella blurted out. Hearing that word again made my head spin. I was going to ask what 'imprint' was but I forgot that Edward could read minds so he answered it immediately.

"Imprint means being bound to a person for the rest of his or her life," hearing those words made me want to stop Edward from going on, but an angst told me that I should listen, "There's like this gravitational pull that bounds you with your imprintee,"

"In other words?" I asked, I didn't want to be confused anymore.

"In other words," Edward said, "You and Seth are soulmates,"

"No way," I said. Seth was my soulmate? Was that why he was looking at me from every angle?

"Seth sees his future with you," said Edward. Maybe he was reading my mind again. "Jacob, when he imprinted on Renesmee, he said that he can be whatever Renesmee needs her to be, a protector, a lover or a friend, and that's what Seth's going to be for you,"

I could see that Renesmee's listening carefully, knowing what Jacob was to her and Renesmee to him. It somehow felt like magic though, to be physically attracted to a person and guarding him or her for the rest of his or her life, it felt like magic. Knowing that someone would take care of you, it really felt sensational. I was happy to know that Seth was the one who imprinted on me, I knew I would like him soon enough.

"You need to visit him though," started Bella.

"Why?" I asked, wondering.

"Because not being with that person for a day would bring pain," I marveled Bella's face to see if she was somehow, serious. Not seeing Seth would cause me or somewhat bring me pain? My stomach twisted and I knew it was because of what she said.

"I'm going out," Edward already knew what I was going to do so I left them and went outside the door. I was going to visit Seth. I was pretty sure that I still knew the way through the woods. My feet just urged me to run and I was shocked to see how fast I was. Emmett was right about the abilities. I used my senses and heard Seth's familiar voice, he was still far from me but my ears made it clear, but I realized he wasn't alone, I took a break and leaned against a tree. I knew what to do, so I listened.

"I don't know, Gracie," he said. "I need to catch up with her, but the only way to do that is turn my back on our lineage. I want to grow up but that's going to be impossible now,"

"You need to be immortal too, huh?" answered a girl's voice. "Tough decision,"

"Obviously," he said. Now I was pretty sure that they were talking about me. "But I like her, when I imprinted on her, we were happy, even though she's a vampire and I'm her opposite,"

"Same thing when I imprinted on this boy though, but he's not a vampire which makes it so much easier," The girl said. I just heard another footstep from a person. "Destiny, what are you doing here?"

"The pack wants to see you," another voice from an unfamiliar person said.

"Okay, I'm coming," she responded. I was pretty confused to hear that Seth had to turn his back on his lineage. What did he mean by that? "Once you get this battle between the vampires, don't forget that our pack is here to back you up!"

"Thanks," Seth answered.

I was pretty sure he was alone now. When I got up, I didn't intend to see someone looking at me and on top of that, talk to me. "Such a pretty girl in the woods. Hi, I'm Embry Call and I need some company," seeing his playful face made me want to smack him on the face.