Chapter 5 - Forbidden

Chapter 5

There was something about his smell, just like Seth, Jacob, and the guy in the wheelchair. They had this distinct smell that I didn't care about until Embry Call approached me. "Are you alone?"

"Y-Yes, ... No," I said, stuttering. His eyes, they were haunting me. It looked normal, but at the same time, frightening. "I better go," I added, avoiding his haunting eyes. He didn't insist, he instead took steps toward me, I started to step backward.

"Look, I didn't mean to scare you off," he said, raising a hand to enhance his expression. "I just want to have a good time, that's all," I stepped backward again, but it was dead end. The tree was making me stuck. His body was so close to me now. I pushed him away but he held both of my wrists and pinned it on the tree. I wanted to use my vampire abilities but I couldn't. There was something about this guy that weakened me. "Why don't we just skip to third base? It's really rare to see some chick in the woods," He started kissing my neck that's why I struggled. I tried to kick him but just like his hands, his legs pinned mine against the tree.

I brawled but it was useless. He moaned and it was very repulsive. He was strong. My adrenaline backed out when he touched me, or somehow looked at me. I swore to the Heavens' that I just saw his eyes change colors. I couldn't really describe his eyes, but I could assure you that it was pretty much tormenting me.

I froze but that has given me enough time to muster my strength. I was still not used to this two sharp illusioned teeth that could kill a human or an animal without even trying. "Please, stop it now or else I got no choice but to kill you," I threatened him but it was just a threat. I did not mean a single word of it, but I wanted him to buy that threat so I could mind my own business. He raised his head and I could see that he was also shocked for what I just did, pretty much when I curled my mouth and when he looked into my eyes.

He instantly backed off from me, but after all the tension I made, he wasn't afraid. "You're a vampire?" then he widely grinned at me. "This is great, I'm going to have a kill tonight," then I just saw something I didn't want to see. Vampires were real, and so were...werewolves. No. This was not happening. I tried to pinch myself but I could feel the belittled pain. This was not a dream, the voice inside me said.

That explained his haunting eyes, there was no explaining and no identifying to do. I ran, but he kept up with the vampire speed that I just enhanced. I made it for about four kilometers but he really was fast. He would end my life, I was sure of it. He tackled me until he was on top of me. I could clearly see his furry wolf figure. I struggled again but he deeply engraved a sharp wolf nail on my legs which caused my pale skin to be damaged. I bled since I was half human. A human could no longer live with this deep of a wound.

I was sure Embry was ready to bite my head off. I closed my eyes, waiting for my death. Just like the first time, it didn't came. I opened my eyes slowly and tried to elbow the ground so it could give support to my body. Then, I just saw it, two werewolves, ready to bite each others' heads off.

I watched them, but they looked the same. I couldn't figure them out. And why would a werewolf wanted to save me from their own kind? It was the same question I asked myself when I was bitten by the vampire who killed my whole family. Carlisle was there to my rescue, but who was the other werewolf? The way they played their game, it was deadly. The werewolf who saved me growled and Embry ran, or I was hoping that he was the one who ran.

The werewolf who saved me looked at me. I was getting kind of nervous. Then little did I know that he was transforming. He went behind a tree and after a few minutes, I didn't know what words to mutter. It was Seth who's standing right in front of me—looking at me directly. He was panting like a mad dog, he made up his words after catching his breath. "Sorry, I was late," He then shifted his gaze to my wound. "We need to clean that wound," he said in panic. It was like he was losing something important when he saw me bleeding. I was still half human after all.

He started to carry me from the grassy ground. I swore to the heavens' that I felt some sudden jolt of electricty flowing through my body when our skins made contact.

"Next time, you'll never get this kind of wound again," he muttered. "I swear to our lineage that I will die protecting you."