The Plan

My name is Alexandria Helastil, and I was born to some of the most rich people in the world. Or at least I was in this life. It has been 5 years since I reincarnated into this world, and I have settled in quite nicely. My mother is a beautiful and kind woman with light pink eyes and wavy dark brown hair, while my father is a strict man with a soft spot only for his wife and his daughter. They manage several large companies all over the world, and are smart investors that have made millions off of their wise decisions. 

Long story short, many people have large expectations for me. Unlike how most would expect, I was quite happy with this fact, and I studied earnestly and tried my best to be the daughter that my parents could be proud of.  It was the first time that someone had relied on me like this, and I did not wish to embarrass my precious parents. Life was going smoothly until one day the reality of my situation all came crashing down. 

It was because I realized that I had been reincarnated into a shoujo manga that I had read in my past life. And in this manga, the girl called Alexandria Helastil was the villainess. This world was as technologically advanced as the world in my past life, and geographically it was still the same, but many of the cities and the people were different. It was like I had stepped into an alternate dimension. And frankly, at first it had been slightly creepy. 

In the shoujo manga, the heroine is the stepsister of Alexa, who torments her to no end. Alexandria's mother, Christine, died when she was 5 years old, leaving Alexa and her father by themselves. After her death, her father eventually falls into a depression but is saved by a young nurse called Molly. He remarries, and Alexa gains a new stepsister. After his remarriage, he started distancing himself from Alexa more and more, eventually to the point where he basically doesn't acknowledge her existence. It brought him too much pain to gaze at his daughter who was becoming more and more like her mother, so he spent all of his time with the heroine and her mother, his new, perfect, little family

Thus, after being ignored for several years, Alexa couldn't take it anymore and started bullying the heroine out of spite, and also a desperate attempt to get her father's attention. Her father had been wholly biased towards the heroine, and slaps Alexa, and then he claims that if she hurts his daughter again, she will no longer be a part of his family. That just fuels Alexa's spite even more, and she finds ways to sabotage the heroine while at school, making her an outcast. 

Alexa's hatred grows over the years, eventually to the point that she wishes to kill the heroine, her delusional idea that if she does, her family would return to be like what it used to. Her sister was named her father's successor, something which Alexa had believed since birth would be her place. 

In her mind, her sister had taken her rightful place in the company, in her family's hearts, and eventually her place as queen of the school.

 Although Alexa did seem kind of insane, everyone, even the heroine, acknowledged her talents in playing the violin and singing. The elite school that she had attended greatly emphasized upon music, and Alexa was named the queen. Except eventually, with the help of her harem, the heroine improves in her abilities and debuts as a "cute" idol and steals Alexa's place. 

In the story, the only person that could make Alexa sane was her unrequited first love, who was then "stolen" from her by the heroine. Driven mad by fury, she then hired some goons to take care of her sister. Except, of course the heroine was saved in the nick of time by her harem. Not wanting to face her family and the moment that she knows will be her abandonment, Alexa jumps into a river and commits suicide. 

Then the heroine lives happily ever after. 

Honestly, when I read this manga I kind of sympathized for Alexa. Her mother dying to save her, her father abandoning her for another family, and her first love leaving her for the girl whom she believes was the crux of it all. It didn't make up for her sins, but a majority of the people who read this manga pitied her. She had a pretty dramatic and messed up life. 

While all of that sucks and everything, I believe that I can change my, Alexa's, future. The most important part of my remembering this story was because my mother's death has not happened yet. Her death was the catalyst for all of the events that happened in the future. If I have the facts correct, then the day of my mother's death was September 14th. 

It is still 5 months away. 

On that day, Alexa and her family had all gone out to eat at a world renowned restaurant to meet with one of my father's colleagues. My memory was kind of fuzzy in some places, but I believe that the incident took place somewhere in Spain. My family had gotten off of the plane with their security team then had been attacked on their way to the car. There had been gunshots, and my mother had been shot twice while shielding Alexa behind her. She didn't even make it until the police arrived, immediately after the second shot to her head, she had died. 

To prevent all of this from happening, I need to come up with a plan. I need to keep my parents occupied on September 14th, or more preferably for the whole week. It should be somewhere far away from Spain, somewhere near here perhaps?

I got on my laptop and searched for large happenings on September 14th. I immediately found something that would perfectly fit that time period and keep them busy, but I did not wish to participate in that idea. I searched desperately for several hours, but not finding anything better, I sighed in resignation and decided to go along with that idea. There were not many things happening on September 14th that were large enough to catch my parents' interest, but this was one of them. 

The Annual Talented Youth Concerto. A music competition that people from all over the world came to participate in, and even more came to watch. 

Before I had even started to walk, my old parents had started teaching me music. How to identify pieces, play a song after hearing it once, the perfect form when playing an instrument or singing a song, all of it. They would accept nothing less but perfection, and for every flaw I had severely paid for it. Despite their... psychotic tendencies, my old parents had been avid music lovers. I would sing them songs or play pieces on the violin to calm them down and ease them to sleep. 

Now, all that playing the violin did was bring back sad memories, the same with singing. I had tried to forget my old past and live out my new life, but it seems as though I will need some of the skills that my parents had drilled into me to live out this life happily. I had finally experienced love again, finally found a reason to live. I just hope... that the wound caused from their deaths and the isolation would eventually heal... and that when playing, the thin scab that had slowly formed to not be ripped off. 

Because if it did... I would be broken all over again.

Later that evening, I informed my parents of my decision to participate in the concert. They did not question my decision, even though I had never taken violin lessons before. They took me to pick a violin, which I did, and it was an elegant black one with a price tag that mind boggled me. But no matter how much they tried to get me to play before the competition, I wouldn't touch it.

 And my days went by like that until the day of the concert began.