Akinora

Although I had repeatedly told myself to help the Nicolais', that matter has long slipped from my mind. Or, more like I have tried to not think of it in my own selfishness and cowardice.

I know that helping them is the right thing to do. I know that I myself am already an anomaly in the plot line.

But... I am scared. How much of the plot will change from my calculations if this happens? Everything will be out of my hands. What if everything goes wrong? Most importantly... out of my own selfishness...

I don't want anything to change. 

I... am a horrible person, running away from the problem only I know is there, and only I can fix. Or, 'the heroine could, and will help' I have told myself. But reading in a manga about a family's pain for years, and actually witnessing it are two totally different things. Especially, since I now consider both of the brothers as my friends.

Time has passed, and soon that matter had been totally thrown to the back of my mind. I lived a happy life, good friends, loving parents, everything I could want, 

but it was so good, I should have known it couldn't last.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was  doing some of my homework in the huge school library, the sunlight streaming through the stained glass windows making it look straight out of a fairytale. It was silent and calm, one of my favorite places in the school.

Everything was peaceful, idyllic, quiet- *poke* 

"EEEK!" WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD POKE A LADY- ... Oh, It's Ianthe. Well, he doesn't really have a mind, so that explains it..

"YOU-" He suddenly covered my mouth with a hand, which I then smacked away in anger. 

"Why the hell did you do that?! I could have gotten in trouble." I whispered fiercely, making sure no one saw. Thankfully, there was no one nearby at the moment.

Ianthe rolled his eyes at my seriousness. "Blah, blah, you don't give me enough credit. I'm not that stupid." I looked at him disbelieving.

"Au contraire mon frère." 

"Hey!"

"Indoor voices," I tittered mockingly as the librarian would if she saw us. Then I became serious. "Seriously though, shut up. I need to finish my work." I swatted him away and started on my next math equation. Although I was repeatedly performing above class standard, busy work was busy work, and still needed some time to get done. Add in my S-Class schedule... yeah, well, today was one of my only free days in a veery long time.

Ianthe held a hand over dramatically over his heart, "Oh, see, now I'm so hurt. So this is how it is. Even when I came all this way," down the hallway, " with the purpose of inviting you to go on a sightseeing trip with me, because you're one of my friends-"

"Your only friend," I interrupted him, still concentrating on my work.

He continued on, ignoring my previous comment. "You just go ahead and diss me for homework. I see how it is. I see my worth in your eyes. I see-"

I slammed my hand on the table, I was getting nowhere with all of his chattering, and knowing Ianthe, he would keep on pestering me until he got what he wanted. I've tried to outlast him in patience, but somehow the guy was like a constantly flowing river of words, and at the end of the day I had a massive headache, and a very extended vocabulary. "Where are we going? I need to be back before dinner."

Ianthe broke into a wide, dazzling grin that made me squint, knowing that he had won. 

"Akinora."

... What?

Please say I misheard.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I was walking down the hallway in a bad mood. 

AKINORA! WHY AKINORA YOU IDIOT! After I heard of where we were going, I had tried to adamantly refuse, but he "refused my refusal". I couldn't explain to him why I reeeallly did not want to go to Akinora with him without sounding crazy, with the whole reincarnated thing and such, thus I was stuck in a sticky situation.

.

And of course, Ianthe had already planned everything in advance, knowing I would cave. I just needed to put some of my stuff away in my class before I had to leave. 

"Alexa!" I heard a deep voice, and turned around in slight dread, knowing that every female in the vicinity was eyeing me with jealousy.

"... Yes?" I turned to Damian.

"I heard that you are going to Akinora with my brother."

"Yes, I was kinda pushed into it." I expressed my unwillingness to go. Although I know that he would not speak on his brother just for me, after all their relationship was quite rocky, but he was my last resort.

I do NOT want to go to Akinora.

"I apologize. But... please take care of my brother."

With that, he quickly turned and walked away, not giving me a chance to refuse.

... What? 

Now, not only is Ianthe forcing me to accompany him, Damian is pressuring me into taking care of him also?

Curse you irresponsible brothers! 

Damian is just avoiding responsibility! He is pushing all of the work on me.

Why AKINORA! Of all places,

It just had to be the place the Nicolai misunderstanding catastrophe started.

That Ianthe lost his memories about.

.

And where the heroine resided.