Chapter 3

My eyes flutter open to the suns rays seeping through the slits in my curtains. A yawn escapes my mouth and I grab my phone to see it's 10 am. I scroll through my notifications and see I got a text from Brian. Good morning gorgeous. Lunch date?

A smile spreads from cheek to cheek, I reply with a yes before I hop out of bed. When I look in the mirror I chuckle at my appearance. My hair is crazy, my mascara smeared a little, my pajamas are baggy, and I look like a complete mess.

I turn on the warm water and undress myself. I haven't felt this happy for months now. I get in the shower and allow the warm water to trickle down my body.

When I finish washing myself I step out and put on jean shorts and a cute top. I let my hair stay as it is and I apply a small amount of make up.

Does Brian really like me or is he going to leave me? Does he just want to get in my pants? He might but what guy would put this much effort into a women he just wants to fuck. But why would he want me, I'm not pretty or curvy or have anything going for me, why would a man like Brian want anything to do with a women like me? Why would Brian want a broken girl?

My phone buzzes breaking me from my thoughts. Can I come pick you up now?

I reply with yes, I grab my purse and spray on some perfume. I make sure to brush my teeth and wear deodorant before I leave. I check the mirror one last time before heading to the living room to wait.

Soon later I hear a light knock on the door. My heart races and my stomach goes wild but I answer anyway. Brian stands with one elbow resting above his head on the door frame and one at his side. His arm muscle bulges as a smile forms across his lips. "Well hello beautiful" he says.

My eyes meet the floor and I shake my head but of course a goofy smile plays on my face. "Hello Brian" I say. He sets his fingers in my chin and makes me look at him, "why do you always do that when I call you gorgeous or beautiful?" He ask.

"Do what?" I knew exactly what he was talking about but I thought I would play dumb. Hoping he would change the subject. "You always look down, like you don't know you're perfect" he says his with confidence and patiently waits for an answer.

"I... I don't know" I stutter. He chuckles a little, "I do" he states. I look at him stupidly, then why did he ask? Do I even know... I thought it was just instinct I guess I didn't even realize I did it.

"You don't know you're beautiful" he says. I shake my head, "and that's because I'm not" I say. I take a step forward to try and squish beside Brian so we can leave my apartment, go to our date, and change the subject. But just as I take another step his hand blocks my way.

"What did you just say?" My heart races even more, almost like I am scared. But when I look up and meet eyes with Brian I only see concern.

"Jensen you are the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I don't just look at you and see that, I feel it too." His words make me turn red and I can't help but hug him.

"Thank you Brian" I say. His arms wrap tight around me, I love this feeling more than anything.

Once we have taken off on our lunch date I can't help but notice something is different.  Brian is acting different but I can't explain it. 

"I have a surprise" he blurts and now I understand.  I look at him hoping he will explain.  "You will see when we get their" he says.  I stare at him with an unpleased face and he chuckles, "that was cute". 

His hand is on my thigh, lightly gripping my leg.  Such a small gesture but it makes me feel things I can't even explain. 

I place fiddle with my thumbs as we drive and my eyes fixate on my scars.  So many of them lined up on my fore arm.  Sometimes I get he urge to cut them open again, to feel the pain that I love so much.  But since I first saw Brian I haven't had the urge at all.