Ice Skating

Jonathan felt himself stagger once again, for probably what was his fiftieth time, and instantly, he slammed himself against the rink's walls. He pulled himself up again, heart pounding on his chest out of fear. "Fuck..."

There was a skidding sound beside him, but Jonathan didn't dare to look to it; He already knew who it was, anyways.

 "That doesn't look like ice skating."

Jonathan's cheeks heated from embarrassment. He straightened himself out the best he could on shaking legs and slowly pushed forward. "S... Shut up."

Evan only rolled his eyes in response, following after the slowly moving male. "It works better if you're not holding onto the wall."

Jonathan finally gave into giving a glance to the Asian. An annoyed one, but a glance at least. "Not everyone use to play hockey, Evan."

"Obviously not," Evan joked back, but quickly stopped once Jonathan glared at him. He cleared his throat before offering out his arm. "Here, let me - -"

"Evan, I swear to fucking God." Jonathan cowered away from Evan's friendly hand, still pulling himself on the rink. "I know what I'm doing."

"Oh, right," he agreed sarcastically. "Am I supposed to believe that?" Evan skated directly in front of Jonathan, offering a smile. "Give me your hands."

"No."

Evan frowned. "C'mon, Jon." He slowly started skating backwards as Jonathan came closer, still keeping his arm outstretched for Jonathan.

"Would you stop doing that?" The pale boy pleaded. "You're scaring the hell out of me."

Evan stopped in his movements, and Jonathan followed soon after, his pathway being blocked. A silence beckoned over them as Evan kept his gaze on the other, a soft look in his eyes. He leaned down just a bit and caught Jonathan's nervous blues. "Don't be afraid."

"I'm... Not." Jonathan turned his shy eyes away. "I'm just not use to these sort of things."

"Are you uncomfortable?"

"No, I just - -"

Evan grabbed Jonathan's hands and before he could protest, and skated them both  quickly to the middle of the ice, Jonathan cursing in fear all the way. Even as he desperately tried to resist, pull back, anything just to go back to the wall, Evan wouldn't let him.

"Hey," Evan soothed as they finally came to a stop. "Hey, calm down. I got you."

"Fucking bitch!"

"Shut up," Evan laughed out. "I'm still holding onto you, aren't I?"

"Don't you dare - -"

"I'm not letting go, trust me." Evan sighed in relief as Jonathan stopped digging his nails into his knuckles. "I won't let you fall."

Jonathan allowed his shoulders to relax as Evan started to gently pull him along, steady and slow. It transferred to a soft silence after that, Jonathan studying the other's movements, and Evan just making sure that neither of them fell. After a little while, Jonathan stood up straight, feeling a bit more confident than before. He met with Evan's warm smile and felt one form on his own face. "When did you start playing hockey?"

"Uhhh.." Evan thought for a moment. "I was ice skating before I was even in school, I think. Then I started​playing hockey for fun before taking it as a sport elective."

Jonathan hummed, smirking. "Star player?"

Evan smiled back proudly. "Of course."

Jonathan pulled Evan's hands, resisting him from moving anymore in the empty rink, and slowly, they came to a stop. He leaned into his hold a bit more, taking his hands out of Evan's and placing them on the Asian's muscular forearms instead.

With his hands now free, Evan hugged Jon closer, breathing in his familiar, welcoming scent. "What?"

"Ever going to teach me how to play hockey?" Jonathan's voice was a bit quieter now as he looked into Evan's brown eyes, finding no reason to disturb the soft quietness between them. He had a small smile on him, his eyelids partially shut.

"Ever going to stand by yourself?"

Jonathan rolled his eyes, but kept smiling. "You're an ass."

Evan's lip twitched up into a smile, bringing his face closer. "Is that the reason why you like me?"

"It might be," Jonathan teased back, fiddling with the other's red scarf. He let out a heavy breath of content, watching as it stayed in the cold air for a second before vanishing the next.

"Have I ever told you that blue's a good colour on you?"

Jonathan snorted. "Yes, a few times."

It was really no secret that Jonathan loved the colour blue. Hell, you could spot him a mile away because of it! Even now he was covered in it: His, of course, signature blue hoodie was worn over his thin frame with a blue scarf overtop. He blue beanie sat atop his shaved dark hair, but even with all the blue, he still chose to wear husky grey sweatpants.

Evan, on the contrary, didn't have a repetive colour; Instead, he just wore faded grey jeans, and a heavy sweater completed with a red scarf. His black hair was in its usual short spikiness and he still wore his pleased smile under Jonathan's traveling eyes.

"Did I ever tell you that red looks good on you?" Jonathan smiled back, shifting his weight on the skates.

"No," Evan answered. "But I'll take it now." He closed the distance between them, pressing his lips against Jon's. It was soft and sweet, though only lasting for a few seconds before it ended.

Even after it was finished, they still started at each other for just a moment, basking in the other's comfort.

"You - -"

Evan's statement was short lived as he stumbled on his feet, before not very gracefully falling back into the ice completely. On the fortunate side, Jonathan had the luck of not being pulled down with the Asian, but instead just stood still awkwardly on his own.

Evan groaned on the freezing ice, before slowly sitting up and rubbing his back to ease his pain. He held up a hopeful hand to Jonathan. "Help me up."

Jonathan didn't reply, but instead looked happily around. "I'm standing on my own."

"Uh, yeah," Evan agreed, shaking his hands for attention. "Can you - -"

"I'm fucking ice skating my myself!" The pale boy exclaimed gleefully, testing out small movements that he watched Evan do just before.

"Jonathan - -"

He laughed maniacally, obviously proud of himself. "I'm fucking doing it!" Jonathan skated in small, quick circles around Evan, his thoughts only on his new achievement.

But Evan only sighed once he recognized that, looking behind his shoulder. The wall of the rink was far from him, but he knew that it was good only hope. He slowly inched towards it, being careful as to not hurt himself anymore.

But even in his annoyance, Evan couldn't resist a smile at the skating boy in front of him